Weight watchers and Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    At a higher weight, your body burned more so you had a bigger range to absorb error. A smaller body burns less, so the margin is smaller. When I started I had 50 to lose & I was burning 2200-2500 a day, eating 1400-1600 meticulously. Without the food scale that would have easily been 1600-1900 with errors thrown in. Still below 2200-2500, so weight loss... Now I have 7-10 to lose, and I burn 1800-1900 per day and that even takes effort. So if I were aiming for 1400-1600 and ending up at 1600-1900 I might actually be maintaining.

An example of why weighing everything is important even if the serving size is meant to be easy to eyeball. Last night I made a pizza for dinner using a store-bought thin crust about 6 inches in diameter. Serving size said 120 cals for 1/2 crust, which was supposed to be 43g. Or 86g for the entire crust at 240 cals. Except when I put it on the scale it was 99g. So instead of the entire crust being 240 cals, it was 276. Its 'just 36' calories but that sort of thing happens often, and a little here/little there: adds up.
    pamuldrow wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'm surprised I'm measuring wrong especially I have been during that way and lost 20 plus pounds. But maybe that's why I can't get the last 10 off. No harm with weighing everything instead of using my spoons and cups. I don't eat 2tbls of peanutbutter either I was using that as an example of something I would use a measuring spoon for. I do use a measuring spoon for my creamer in my coffee so I will keep the difference in mind

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    As others explained, when you had more weight to lose, the inaccuracies weren't putting you over. Here is why you should weigh instead of using cups/spoons for solids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnnpUYmr0OM
  • pamuldrow
    pamuldrow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks it was big help and eye opener. I Weigh my one table spoon of peanut butter this morning to see the difference. Here's to new beginning and hopefully see the last 10lbs gone