Having balance and strength issues with left leg

Options
Male/29/264lbs/6"2'/b315s405d510 lifting for 7 years
I am having issues with my left leg regarding balance and strength. This occurs when I am doing one leg toe touches, dumbbell step ups, or leg ext. I am sure it is hurting my other other lifts as well and creating imbalances. I believe the issue stems from an injury I sustained about 10 years ago to my left knee. Dr said there is nothing that can be done for it now or for awhile but I will be getting my knee replaced later on. I was told I have a build up of arthritis in the left knee.
Is anyone else fought with this and had success? I'd be happy with any improvements period. I nelegeled building my core and balance when I started lifting and I think it may be time to break it down to the basics with single leg movements and core work.
Any tips, tricks, or input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Replies

• fitbethlin
    fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Might be worth finding a sports massage therapist. Body work has a while helluva lot of fitness benefits and they might notice something different or helpful. At the very least, they might be able to recommend a medical fitness trainer who can give you a personal evaluation.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have you ever sought physical therapy? I had the same issue with my left side/knee, which caused issues both running and lifting. With physical therapy, I was given the correct, basic exercises to strengthen the leg. I can't say the problem is completely gone, nor will it ever be, but it helped the discomfort and pain.