Looking for Macro suggestions

So I am totally new to all of this, have previously done Paleo and had good results losing weight with it for a while but feel like it kinda wrecked my metabolism! Basically I am at 40% body fat right now and DESPERATELY want to get it below 32% in the next 6-8 weeks. I am weight lifting a little and doing 10,000 steps per day. I have a 1,200 calorie plan right now but wondering how my macro % should look to maximize body fat loss! Any tips/ suggestions appreciated! I'm clueless lol

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2017
    An appropriate calorie goal (aim for a weekly loss of 1% of your total body weight) and sticking religiously to it, will maximize fat loss. How to split your macros is totally up to your own preference. A good minimum goal for fat and protein is one gram per kilogram of bodyweight at a healthy weight (normal BMI).

Your metabolism is fine. Don't set time limits on weight changes, or try to control things you cannot directly control - don't focus on weight, focus on behavior. You can control your food intake, and your food intake controls your weight. And don't let those fat % numbers derail you, they are most likely way off.