How to slim down inner thighs? Help!

Options
For the last week, I've been going swimming twice a day, for 1 hour each time. My calves have slimmed down and strengthened and my arms too. I have built muscle inside of the thighs but from the outside are still, let's say, chubby.
I'm a pear shape and I know it's kinda difficult to lose fat from the thights. My problematic areas are my inner thighs and I also have fat around the knees. My knee with my calf are like the letter q. Within this week the fat around the kness slimmed down a bit but my inner thighs resisted!
I know it's only been a week and I will keep this scedule till Septeber but I'll spice it a bit more during August. I'll be playing tennis, walking more and maybe jogging.
Oh, last but not least I have a diet of 1200-1500 calories approximately
Now my questions are:
Is it too early too see result in my thighs... Am I doing something wrong ?
Which stroke burns more inner thigh fat ?
Do you recommend another exersice ro workout that it will help me trim down my inner thighs and the fat around the knees ?

Any fitness tips are welcome. :)

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sadly I think the answer is "you can't target where you want to lose the fat". And a week is definitely going to be too soon. Just keep going and don't stall on your plan, if you're staying within calories you should see a loss, and certainly swimming will help with toning (stroke wise I'd probably say breast stroke with the ol' frog legs manoeuvre is best). A someone who is battling with the pear shape, I feel where you're coming from. I hate my legs, I have fat knees, big calves and a peanut-shaped butt/hip area. I'm concentrating on calories and weight loss as my primary target but am using an elliptical for part of this and hopefully shall start seeing improvements within the next few months.

You can add different things to track such as neasurements, might be an idea to do that to give you an idea of progress over time?