Need help with setting goals.

Options
Recently I've started logging again. The last time i did, i was dealing with an injury so my profile was set at no activity. It worked and i would log any exercise i did and would eat back only half the calories burned. I ended up having surgery and during recovery stopped logging foods etc and gained back the weight. Now that i've started up i'm a lot more active-i run 6 miles a week and play indoor soccer 2 nights a week. Despite eating back calories burned i am still hungry! Should i change my profile to active and still log my exercise? I'm wondering if i'm not getting enough to eat if i'm still so hungry.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, welcome back from injury/surgery. :) If you haven't already done so, you might want to start by eating back more of your exercise calories and seeing what impact, if any, that has on both your satiety and weight loss over the next couple of weeks.

And speaking of satiety, maybe start playing around with different macros to figure out which are more satiating for you. For me it's protein, but for you it might be fiber fats. When I starting logging, I realized I was way low on daily protein. I was also snacking a lot because I was constantly. Upping my protein intake went a long way in curbing my appetite throughout the day.
  • danigrl8
    danigrl8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try that out. Protein does fill me longer so maybe focusing on macros a bit will help.