Fat intake for maintenance

Options
Since i try to find my maintenance but still like to eat high volume i was wondering what the "best" fat intake might be. I am referring to hormones, sleep, etc.

I am currently at 168lb (77kg), 6.2. ft (187cm), 26 years old, weightlifting 5 to 6 times a week.

Macros are: 200 P; 70F; 275C

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to find the balance yourself - you like high volume, that would mean lots of vegetables and little fat; but if you aren't feeling well, maybe you have to get used to eating a more calorie dense diet. I would personally allocate quite a big chunk of the protein and carbs over to fat - maybe 130 P, 130 F, 210 C? And aim to get in variety, lots of different fruits and vegetables, meat and fish and eggs, grains, seeds and nuts, dairy and oils.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    The above is exactly correct you don't have an exact just a minimum amount of fat the rest is to satisfy yourself..

.4 x body weight for fat intake so for 160 lb human its Minimum 64 grams
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd decrease your fat intake and increase your carbs/pro
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Personally I'd decrease your fat intake and increase your carbs/pro

Why? His fat is Barely over the minimum now I can't imagine a day without at least 100 grams of Fat if anything his Protein could drop by 50 grams at 168 pounds..

168lbs x .8 protein 134.4 grams Maximum body can use as protein Calories will still count.

168lbs x .4 Fat 67.2 grams Minimum to keep hormones happy.

168lbs Carbs as much as your caloric goal can handle after protein and Fat grams have been met