Shakeology

Options
Anyone doing shakeology? Thoughts on it?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It helped me with cravings when I started, but it wasn't worth the crazy price tag... Honestly, I was extremely motivated though, so just using any other protein shake would have probably worked just as well.

Two of the flavors I tried were disgusting though, and yeah they gave me my money back, but I still lose $13 in shipping...
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would never do it - but my cousin has lost 50 lbs starting two years ago using it. She loves and swears by it. I cant argue with her results. It is the best she has ever looked.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on Shakeology: If you're watching macros, it is sometimes difficult to eat enough protein while still maintaining your numbers on fats and carbs (particularly fats). I use a meal replacement (not Shakeology) to reach my higher protein numbers. I have used Shakeology in the past and while I don't have the negative comments others do, I do agree that it is (a) expensive; and (b) you can get high quality protein powder for far less. It is difficult to find non-biased reviews on the product because I believe Beachbody patrols the Internet for negative reviews. Most "reviews" are from coaches. My guess is that the ingredients do add some value, but they've been pulverized to such a degree that it is probably not nearly as high value as the adverts would suggest and probably would not support the much higher cost. I personally use Beverly UMP, which is delicious. I mix it with water to give it a pudding consistency because I don't like "shakes" and eat it with 1/2 a banana or a little oatmeal post work-out. I also use it to make protein pancakes, which are delicious. (And no, I do not sell it. I don't think it is a distributorship system, but I could be wrong. I buy it from my gym or at Vitamin World.)
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just one shake a day for a month is as much as some people spend on actual food for themselves for a month. I've tried the 21 Day Fix and I was the only one in my group not to use Shakeology because of the price. It isn't a miracle powder. That pretty much got me kicked out of the group. That, and deviating from the container rules because otherwise I was 600 calories short.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Total waste of money.

You can make a healthy and delicious shake (if that is what you want) for a fraction of the cost by doing the shopping and prep yourself.

If you just want it because of the claims of awesome weight loss, then you can do that all on your own without any shakes of any sort.

Don't line the pockets of BB coaches or a company like this.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was not a fan. It tasted like chalk. I am also not a fan because it doesnt use the best proteins (whey, casien, or egg) and it is overpriced. There are a lot of quality protein shakes and meal replacement for a fraction of the price.

www.labdoor.com is a great place to look at qualtiy.
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just Googled how much it costs, $130 for 30 servings. If that's correct, damn that's expensive!

I use a meal replacement shake, that isn't advertised for weight loss, and it comes to approximately £0.70 a serving (that's around $0.90), look around if you want to buy shakes or consider making your own. At the end of the day, you still need to be in a deficit to lose weight.
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I stay away from MLMs as a rule. Never buy a product through an MLM that you could easily find in a regular store. Garden of Life makes an excellent meal replacement shake powder and it's cheaper (they also make protein powders). There are tons out there, though. Any product that comes with strings attached (like a subscription service, having to listen to a spiel before buying, etc) sets off alarm bells for me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It's a scam and a waste of money - I'd stay far away from it.

You can get a better quality protein powder and a multivitamin that are much cheaper.

Don't fall for the snake oil sales pitches. You don't need that stuff.