sitting with a problem as in Time?

Options
earndien
earndien Posts: 195 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
I run two business, have a almost 5 month little boy, running a house hold, taking care of my parents. I walk Monday to Fridays for about 30minutes every morning about 5:30. how do I juggle more exercise. some evening I work until 9.
how do you cope with every day life/stress/challenges?

Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're very active as is. Don't get sideways over the term "working out". You don't have to dedicate a whole chunk of time at once to tone and burn calories. Lifting that baby counts! Wall pushups during a break, taking the stairs lunging while carrying the laundry. ..again it all add up. Good luck!
  • roatch07
    roatch07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with lauracups everything you do your burning calories even just cleaning the house you burn more then what you would think but for toning ur body just do small things if your carrying the baby in the care seat use it like a dumbbell lift it and build up muscles that way your baby is a growing weight lay on the floor with your baby and push them up and down they love it and your working your arms too my kids love it and they are 5,7 and 9 and i will still do it with them till my shoulder starting getting bad
  • DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Earndien,
    Think everyone agrees, you seem to be pretty busy working out 15 hours a day already!
    I'm unsure what running YOUR business entails, is it sat at a desk, paperwork, telephone calls or manual labour?
    If a desk job, it's incredible what exercises you can do whilst sat down, bum/butt clenches, quad lifts off your chair hold and sit down, both knee lifts - do them faster, stretches, breathing exercises, if you're already of a reasonable fitness, then wrap 3-5lb ankle and wrist weights around you and do the same, all done in the 'comfort' of your own chair, be prepared to have a shower after a couple of hours though!
    If you manage 3-5lb weights quite happily, then up it another couple of pounds.
    If you have to walk from your desk to a cupboard or kettle, do high knees on the way or a skip and a jump, anything to get the old ticker racing.
    All these extra bits add up over a few weeks, if you truly like being a masochist then you can try these PADDS (?), some says it fun, I don't know how being shot by an electric pulse every second is fun, but supposedly it warms up your core area!
    Loads of other different ways to gain that heart racing whilst at work, but try to remove the stress levels if possible they're counter-productive.