Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to loose weight... once more with feelings.

Hi everyone,

I'm 31, severely overweight 300+ lbs. I've been trying to loose weight forever but (obviously) not doing a good job at it. I used to binge eat a lot but that's under control now but my view of are widely out of scale. I'm hoping using an app like MFP and counting calories will help. So far -10lbs 2 weeks in so that's encouraging but I also know that the first month is the easy one.

The hard part for me is motivation. That and my situation is less ideal as I'm barely home during the week so it's hard to prep meal and exercising can only take place during the weekend. For now my main goal is controlling my calorie intake... and keeping motivation. Hopefully this is the time it works!

Replies

• HG3185
    HG3185 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi! Taking the first step is huge so that's great. I don't have a lot of time to meal prep either which was always my go to excuse until two weeks ago. Now I take five minute to cub some veggies and toss two eggs in. Scramble it up and done! Or toss a salad together super quick or even cook a bunch of chicken at once to use throughout the week. It's hard and I feel your struggle. I've been there for years but now I have finally decided to make it work on limited time.

Let me know if you need anything. Always happy to help and offer support.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    I'm going to try and prep some things during the weekends. Hopefully I won't get tired of eating the same things all week long.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    sand86802 wrote: »
    I'm going to try and prep some things during the weekends. Hopefully I won't get tired of eating the same things all week long.
    It's easier to log when you repeat meals!