Any atheist, agnostics, or nons on here?

Options

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @TmacMMM that's awesome! I think homeschooling can be fantastic! My parents really sheltered us and did not want us to learn about evolution, all our books (even math) were from "a Christian perspective". But if I have kids I would absolutely consider homeschooling, just without all the indoctrination! Lol!

@AnsleyAdams97 - Yeah, many of the books and units are religious, so it's a challenge to find appropriate resources, but doable. It was a good couple of years. When we moved and they went back to public school, they were quite well prepared. :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have seen several discussion boards seeking Christian friends, so I figured what the hell?!

Nice, LOL! I'm agnostic with Buddhist tendencies. ;)
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Hey! I have seen several discussion boards seeking Christian friends, so I figured what the hell?!

I knew I liked you.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Atheist here. I was lucky enough to have Christian parents who believed children should make up their own minds about religion. I also have 100 more pounds to lose, down 40 so far. Everyone is free to add me whatever your beliefs.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »

I knew I liked you.

Us non-believing rowers need to stick together. Safety in numbers and all that... :D
  • __TMac__
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »

I knew I liked you.

Us non-believing rowers need to stick together. Safety in numbers and all that... :D

@CafeRacer808 - Non-believing and work-at-home rowers! We're practically twins!
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Indeed! Lol
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Secular humanist here.
    Most of my friends are Christians, with a few atheists and agnostics.
    Rarely will I delve into religion, nor politics unless I'm with like-minded folks.
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm a very tolerant person, and as long as someone isn't pushing their agenda on me or others- that's cool.

This is how I feel about it. I have friends with all sorts of religious beliefs, and I don't talk about it unless someone asks. I like to say I'm ambivalent about religion. So long as no one is trying to convince me to believe I'm good.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Yes, have been atheist for about 17 years after being ordained as a Buddhist previously.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    Yes, have been atheist for about 17 years after being ordained as a Buddhist previously.

Are you also a rower, by any chance? ;)
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I only row people and barbells, sir. ;)
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    I only row people and barbells, sir. ;)

Close enough! ;)
  • KristenCS9
    KristenCS9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Atheist.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I am an atheist.

Let's be sure we understand the definitions, OK?

Merriam Webster defines ATHEIST as "a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods", and AGNOSTIC as "a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (such as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god".

Here is a great essay on atheism by Penn Gillette, who you might be surprised to learn, is a fellow of the Cato Institute, and has been an atheist since his teens:

http://thisibelieve.org/essay/34/
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Yes, atheist. There is a group for atheists here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3964-atheists-on-mfp

Seems pretty dead in there.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, atheist. There is a group for atheists here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3964-atheists-on-mfp

Seems pretty dead in there.

Yes, it isn't very active because people don't want to post in an inactive group, thereby keeping it fairly inactive. Most groups on MFP seem to be like that.
  • catarinaq78
    catarinaq78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Agnostic - would love to make new friends! I guess I would I say I belong to the church of don't be a jerk haha, all are welcome here.
  • nicholasdyoung
    nicholasdyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi how do I become friends with people on here???

Radical Atheist here. I believe its way easier here in the UK as I hardly know anyone who believes. And I do not know of anyone who goes to church other than W/F/C.
    To me its about being moral, do no harm, treat others as you want to be treat. Do not blame the sky fairy (GOD you know that its only DOG spelt backwards) for any thing good or bad that happens to you or you do.

Hi to every one I hope I am not too deep for a first post....