Bottomless food pit

Options
poohlover3
poohlover3 Posts: 4 Member
Last night I found myself eating a Whopper meal for dinner- going home and then making myself a turkey roll up loaded with Potato salad. Am I the only bottomless pit out here?

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Some days I am not hungry after eating 1600 calories. Some days I want to eat a sammich, chips, 4 candy bars, a cheesecake, 37 donuts, and maybe a small child or 2.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can out eat everyone on a daily basis.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel that way. I'm a foodaholic. Sometimes I can't stop.
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I had to read that three times before I realized that was "out eat." For some reason, my brain kept swapping those two words.

• poohlover3
    Options
    From each of your pics, it looks like you can eat whatever you want because you have the strength to smack yourself out of a funk.
    Super admirable!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

I had to read that three times before I realized that was "out eat." For some reason, my brain kept swapping those two words.

maybe a little dyslexia at the moment? :#
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a whole bag of microwave popcorn with melted white chocolate drizzled over it....about 3/4 of a Lindt bar worth of white chocolate.
  • djeffreys10
    Options

maybe a little dyslexia at the moment? :#

Situational dyslexia
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can and did eat a lot more than I need to.
    I don't do that very often anymore.
    I do eat what I want just appropriate portion sizes.
  • dazaliah
    dazaliah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    poohlover3 wrote: »
    From each of your pics, it looks like you can eat whatever you want because you have the strength to smack yourself out of a funk.
    Super admirable!

I'm like you. I love food and overeat. It's not even sweets, it's mindless eating or eating because of feels. The most important things I've learned this time around is to forgive myself, try again, make sure I have friends to help support me. Figuring out why you overeat is the first step.

Add me if you'd like, I am trying to change my diet so I can eat a lot of the good things and still have treats :wink: It's about budgeting, I look at it like my bills. If I eat x it will cost me x calories or x exercise.
  • poohlover3
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

How do you stop yourself with appropriate sizes?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i measure out serving sizes - so instead of my huge bowl of cereal that I used to have; I now weigh out the 29g that is 1 serving (looking back, my bowl of cereal could have easily have been 3-4 normal servings)
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    poohlover3 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

How do you stop yourself with appropriate sizes?

You weigh out your proportions before you cook them, and either only cook what you are supposed to eat or you just stop eating when you have finished what you have determined you are supposed to have (i.e. you plate is empty)

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    My pms monster weekend is coming up

I can't eat like I use to

But I can eat an entire pizza and then some chips,candy,cake and ice cream tho in a day
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    (If you're looking for advice) Maybe you should try eating more filling foods or less calorie dense foods so you can eat a large volume of foods and not be over calories.

I used to be a bottomless pit, but now it's like I couldn't eat that much even if I tried. I get so full.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A small handful of macadamian nuts holds me off for a couple of hours good go too snack