I am SOO hungry all the time.

Options
124»

Replies

• giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Foods with low glycemic index= satiety for longer (es: bread,pasta, rice= wholemeal....protein....vegetables with green leaf
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    mou_254 wrote: »
    I am 5'4'' and weigh 230lbs, female.

I eat 1500-1600 calories everyday; have been taking 10,000 steps almost daily for the last 2 weeks. The thing is, I feel so hungry all the time. I do eat fruits and veggies as much as I can. I also have a thing with sugar addiction; I quit for about 15 days,and Incorporated it back 10 days ago, and I am still struggling with cravings of sugar, especially after meals.

Please advise.

That is not an addiction - it's a habit. I used to be the same way about eating. Always had to have my "sweet" thing after a meal. That is pure learned behavior, not an addiction. You unlearn it the same way - making a habit of not eating dessert every single time you eat. Once in a while, yes.

• mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I am 5'4'' and weigh 230lbs, female.

I eat 1500-1600 calories everyday; have been taking 10,000 steps almost daily for the last 2 weeks. The thing is, I feel so hungry all the time. I do eat fruits and veggies as much as I can. I also have a thing with sugar addiction; I quit for about 15 days,and Incorporated it back 10 days ago, and I am still struggling with cravings of sugar, especially after meals.

Please advise.

That is not an addiction - it's a habit. I used to be the same way about eating. Always had to have my "sweet" thing after a meal. That is pure learned behavior, not an addiction. You unlearn it the same way - making a habit of not eating dessert every single time you eat. Once in a while, yes.

For now,I am just having a bit of fruit when I feel that I need to have something sweet. I am trying to wean off the habit.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For now,I am just having a bit of fruit when I feel that I need to have something sweet. I am trying to wean off the habit.

That's good. It is difficult, I know!
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am hungry this morning after a brisk walk. I find a handful of almonds and a big mug of tea (with stevia) helps to keep me going until my next proper meal.
  • Nappingcat97
    Nappingcat97 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I understand correctly, you are claiming a 7000 calorie a week deficit, so you want to lose 2 pounds a week? I think this is very unrealistic. I have lost 50 pounds over 30 months. That's less than a half pound a week. Maddeningly slow, but I got here, never suffered, and no risk of backsliding. Dial it down, persist, and you'll be fine!
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If I understand correctly, you are claiming a 7000 calorie a week deficit, so you want to lose 2 pounds a week? I think this is very unrealistic. I have lost 50 pounds over 30 months. That's less than a half pound a week. Maddeningly slow, but I got here, never suffered, and no risk of backsliding. Dial it down, persist, and you'll be fine!

I keep a 600 cal deficit thru diet; the rest is more or less thru exercise.