Do daily calories work better than weekly?

2»

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I do it weekly, but in a structured way. When I log exercise calories, I put 2/3 on the day earned, and the remaining 1/3 on Sunday, which is actually a rest day and take-out night. So by the end of the week, I have an extra 900 cals banked and the daily count doesn't turn red, which makes me happy. :)

This is brilliant! Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I will say that I'm trying to implement a policy of "no calories on credit" - no pre-spending! Haha.

Once you get ahead of it, rather than trying to make up for a "mistake" it's actually quite empowering because you can eat what you like with confidence.

Everyone has days that go askew. Best to just get back on the wagon the next day and eat as planned rather than trying to make up for a bad day.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I do it weekly, but in a structured way. When I log exercise calories, I put 2/3 on the day earned, and the remaining 1/3 on Sunday, which is actually a rest day and take-out night. So by the end of the week, I have an extra 900 cals banked and the daily count doesn't turn red, which makes me happy. :)

This is genius. Like @missmagnoliablossom said, I try to not pre-spend and this is a great way around that!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Finally! I'm being recognized for the genius I really am! ;)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited January 2017
    Weekly averaging of calories works for me. I'm down 125 lbs doing it, but you need to do what works for you. Your body doesn't have a 24 hour reset button. It can lose weight doing weekly numbers so if you want, try daily, try weekly and go with the one that is easier for you.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    I've always focused on weekly totals (did ADF and 5:2IF for my weight loss phase which look more at weekly totals). I'm in maintenance now and tend to eat a little less during the week and then have higher calorie weekends.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Weekly calories work well for me. Doesn't negatively affect my loss.