Question about reports

Options
cchhiipp22
cchhiipp22 Posts: 37 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
I've been using MFP for a little over a month now, and I've been seeing a pretty steady weight loss so far, which is great!

As I've lost weight, I've updated my weight in MFP. As I've done so, MFP has given me a lower daily net calorie number based on my new weight.

The problem is that when I go to view the report charts, MFP seems to retroactively reset my net calorie limit as if it had been that the whole time. For example let's take my net calorie intake for the last 30 days. When I first started, my net calorie limit was 1790. Now it's 1710. So there are days when I ate 1740 or 1780 calories and was under my limit at the time. But the report is now showing that I was over my limit, because it thinks my limit for that day is the same as my current limit.

It's frustrating because I am trying to see how close I've been to the limit over time, and I can't. And it's only going to get more pronounced the more weight I lose. Help!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I've been here going on four years now and the Reports on the web version have always been like that. It looks like MFP used some freeware charting software code a decade ago and never has update it.

The Net Calories line on the mobile apps will vary, but if you change the goals within your chosen weekly display period, I think it doesn't actually draw a line; but you can see the different number goals for the week under the chart.