Small amount of loss

Options
Hi so I only have like 5 lbs I want to lose as I am in a fairly normal weight range. Will keto work to lose small amounts? Anything different I should do?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, but just know that the less you have to lose, the less margin for error you have when it comes to tracking your calories. Whichever way you choose to get there, be it keto, Atkins, or simply eating less than you already are, using a food scale to weigh everything you eat will go a long way towards helping you reach your goal.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Since you are a normal weight if you want to lose you should change your goal to losing 0.25 pounds per week. What difference will 5 pounds make for you? Is it a composition issue or just seeing the number on the scale makes you feel better?
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter what you do, to lose weight you have to eat less calories then you burn...

follow keto if it suits you
    follow an all chocolate cake diet if it suits you
    but eat less calories then you burn

Macros become more important the less you have to lose. Seeing that you want to lose 5lb even though you're in a healthy weight range im guessing it's for aesthetic purposes. In my opinion you'd be better off eating at maintenance or slight above and lifting weights. You'll stay generally around the same weight but your body composition will be changing.