Believing in yourself...easier said than done?

Options
lkfolsom
lkfolsom Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Lucinda. I previously lost 140 lbs on my own, but over the last decade, started gaining most of it back. This time around has proven to be much more difficult than i remember it. After years of trying to get the weight back down (healthier eating, 6 days/wk at the gym, etc) and hardly any results, I wanted to give up. Had my resting metabolic rate tested and discovered i was burning calories at a much lower rate than the average person my size and, well...that was all it took to give up on myself.

I just don't believe in myself anymore!!

So, i need your inspiration. What keeps you believing in yourself, and how do you keep yourself going?

Replies

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucinda. You can do this. It really is as simple as tracking your calories and making sure that you eat less calories than you burn each day. Even if your resting metabolic rate is low, you can increase your burn rate with exercise. MFP allows you to enter your exercise and adjusts your daily calorie target accordingly. Just log your meals, log your exercise, aim for modest calorie deficits daily, do something active daily, and stay the course. You will get there. Healthy eating and exercise are fantastic, but calorie deficit is the one essential key to weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    What manifests this usually is the feeling of failure. And it's actually normal. So how do you overcome it? Like anything else, you shake yourself off and come back working harder. If consistent, results should start to happen and when that happens, your confidence will slowly come back. Also, having encouraging people around you will help. That's why groups/group classes usually do well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png