confusion

2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    1lauratm1 wrote: »
    I think I need to lose weight, but I don't know how much. I gained a bunch of weight, but I don't look much bigger than I sued to and the whole times I was working out fairly consistently including using weight machines. I know I have muscled up a little and muscles weigh more. when I do the waist hip ratio thing ti says I don't need to lose any weight.

I feel like I need to lose some weight.. maybe just 10 pounds, but I'm heavier then I've been.

I know it is also bad to lose too much weight too fast or to yoyo weight.. and a couple years ago I lost a ton of weight doing the couch to 5k thing getting down to a weight I hadn't been for a very long time. So any advice???

So don't set a certain number of Lbs as your goal...look at BF% and how you look in the mirror, etc. When i lost weight I had no idea how much weight I really needed to lose...I stopped when I looked the way I desired to look.
  • 1lauratm1
    1lauratm1 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks, I do know how much I weigh. I found a good BF calculator and it said 27 % I did another more precise one and ti said 26.71 body fat... it said in acceptable range.. but I'm leaning toward wanting to be lighter.

My doctor had said to not worry about it that I w as more muscular than average.

Anyway I found a way to calculate weight loss needed from BF! http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php!

hooray! I need to lose 9 pounds of fat to lower myself to 21 BF! OR to get into athletic range at 20% I need to lose 12 pounds. :)

So I did muscle up like I thought, but I also did put on some fat :( but not too much. yay boo yay lol