Ideas for protein powder

Options
jcraig10
jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
I have a big tub of About Time strawberry protein powder. I don't drink a ton of protein shakes ...maybe 1 a week with 1/2 to 1 scoop used.

What do you use your powder for other than shakes?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    My primary use of protein powder is as an additive in green smoothies.
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I know you said not a shake... but I make low-cal icy shakes and eat it in a bowl like a big icecream.... like 6 icecubes, 1/2 cup coconut milk, protein, spinach, sometimes half a banana.

The only other thing I make sometimes is protein pancakes. Protein, egg, a bit of banana or apple sauce.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    protein oats. yum. but cook the oats FIRST, add the protein later. Or else, make protein bars. Oats, peanut butter, protien, coconut flour... or, get plain greek yoghurt and add scoop of protein mix it up it becomes like a mousse sort of, top with fresh fruit. yum.

I haven't tried any of these with Strawberry flavour (usually chocolate or vanilla) but can't imagine it being bad... I mean, strawberry mousse? yum!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Or muffins. Strawberry muffins :)

giving me ideas now!
  • jcraig10
    Options
    eryn0x wrote: »
    I know you said not a shake... but I make low-cal icy shakes and eat it in a bowl like a big icecream.... like 6 icecubes, 1/2 cup coconut milk, protein, spinach, sometimes half a banana.

The only other thing I make sometimes is protein pancakes. Protein, egg, a bit of banana or apple sauce.

Loving the "ice cream" idea!

• jcraig10
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I know there's tons of stuff on Pinterest but sorting through it all is so time consuming sometimes. And let's be honest...half the things I try on there turn out to be huge fails haha!! Now I can just type things like "strawberry protein muffins"!! Yum.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    the strawberry muffin cake thing - I make it. Recipe is:

1/2 cup brown sugar (or if you're anti-sugar I suppose the equivalent of fake sugar)
    2 whole eggs
    1/2 cup oat bran
    1/2 cup wholemeal flour
    100 g greek yoghurt
    little bit vanilla essence
    pinch of salt (optional)
    200g strawberries (puree them tho in blender)
    1 tbs baking powder
    about 3 scoops of protein powder

If needs more liquid to make it more liquidy I add almond milk or coconut water.

• Cahgetsfit
    Options
    protein pancakes are the bomb
  • jcraig10
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm definitely not against sugar. Fake sugar is not for me ha ha :) I will hopefully make some this weekend! I like to eat muffins for breakfast each morning so that'll be perfect.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously addicted to my waffle maker I treated myself to over the holidays. I've been putting a 1/2 scoop of pea protein in my mix to make protein waffles. Can't even taste it and I get 12 grams of protein!

I also make tasty homemade protein balls and bars.