Beginner with exercising

Options
Oh my word!!! Why does it hurt so much, my legs have been paining all day. Does that feeling ever go away???

Replies

• s3rialthrill3r
    s3rialthrill3r Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If it's a dull ache, then it should be gone in a few days.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it will hurt less with time. Take magnesium supplement before bed. helps.
  • michellegreene_1
    michellegreene_1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes it's the dull ache, the kind where you go
    To sit down and you feel it..
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The pain is from lactic acid built up during your workout. As your muscles and circulation become more efficient that will go away. If it changes from a dull ache to a sharp pain that may mean you over did it and stained a muscle.
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've grown to like having that dull ache. It means that I've worked out and am benefiting from it. Stick to your guns and keep doing what works.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    gdsmit1 wrote: »
    I've grown to like having that dull ache.
    Taking the stairs at work, everything groans a little! But I don't get so out of breath anymore.

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Very normal and yes it goes away!!
    To help with the ache you can soak in a tub with epsom salt, do some Yoga, Active Recovery such as a walk or bike ride.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What type of magnesium supplement do you recommend, cahgetsfit? I've tried the pill form but had some urgent side effects... (requiring a toilet). Maybe the dosage was too high? Is one form better than another?
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, eventually..,but pain ( some ) is sign of growth...keep it up, take rest when you need to, and feed your body with proper fuel