Looking for inspiration

Options
I have struggled with my weight my whole life and am at an all time high. I want to finally actually lose the weight and keep it off. Looking for success stories and friends to help motivate and inspire me. I need to lose 80 lbs, so not an easy feat.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. I've got at least 86 lbs to go (might be as high as 96, but we shall see...) I started 28 lbs ago, though, so this is definite progress.

In my case, I developed a medical issue that can be better kept under control if I lose weight. Long story short, cellulitus and lymphedema landed me a referral to a vascular surgeon who determined that the veins in my legs are refluxed, meaning that I have poor lower-body circulation. Compression stockings treat it, but shedding extra pounds will also help.

Also, my dad was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. It's gone away since he's had the gastric band surgery, but I'd really rather not go that route if I can lose weight the other way.
  • heidielizabethlawlor
    Options
    Hiya Guys.... I also have physical issues which require me to lose weight to save my health really.... im 32 and 4 stone over weight and like you estherdragon.... my mum is type 1 diabetic which started as type 2 due to poor diet but unlike your father my mothers attempts to shift the weight and beat it never happened she shifted the weight but her diabetes grew worse. anyhow I have arthritis in my knees and im a carer so im always out and about it is getting painful and me carrying this extra weight don't help...
  • lindseyjgreen
    lindseyjgreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can also friend me. I also need to lose nearly 90lb. Im 28 and sick of being slow and tired and undesirable. It's time to get my self in gear. I've slowly lost 60lb over the last 5 years but I need to make more of an effort. I also have health issues relating to my weight, PCOS and a neurological condition. My aim is to be around 12 stone, which I know is still a lot seeing as I'm only 5"3 but gotta aim for something