Smoothies

Options
Has any got a smoothie recipe that they would like to share? I don't eat breakfast so have been making smoothies but stuck in a rut for LOW CAL ideas!

Replies

• spudz100
    spudz100 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to buy some smoothie packs from Iceland which have portions of kale & banana in. I add these to some soy milk, teaspoon of peanut butter and some honey. I also add some protein if I'm going to the gym.
  • yobigman
    yobigman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    High protein smoothie- 353 calories

1 cup frozen blueberries
    1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
    1 scoop (31gr) whey protein powder, chocolate
    2 tbs ground flax seeds
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like milk+banana+peanut/hazelnut butter+cocoa, milk+banana+strawberries/blueberries.

If you don't want to eat breakfast, don't eat breakfast.

If you spread out your calories properly through the day, you don't have to eat low calorie foods.

Any food will be low calorie if you eat little enough of it.

You can eat anything you want.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    "Nothing" is about as low calorie as you can get - if you don't want/like breakfast, save your calories for meals later in the day.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    100g Mango, 100g Pineapple, 1 sachet Chia Seeds, 100ml water, Ice to top :-) Fab and refreshing
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't low cal (more like 350) since if I am having breakfast I want protein and some fat -- usually some kind of homemade nut milk or else greek yogurt, protein powder, a variety of vegetables (ones that taste good in different combinations IME include greens (kale, spinach, esp.), pre-cooked winter squash, avocado, bell peppers, fennel, summer squash, cucumber, I'm sure more but these are standbys), and then in the winter frozen berries or sometimes frozen peaches or mango -- I usually just use a little fruit. In the summer I use more fruit and base it on what's in season and what I happen to have at home.

Agree that if you don't want breakfast, consider just skipping it and having more later when you want it.