Anybody on WW?

JustGizzy
JustGizzy Posts: 38
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Is there anyone that is on WW right now and know how to convert the points into Calories?

Any help at all would be so appreicated..

Thanks
Hugz
Giz:smile:

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    I am partially on WW. I go to the meetings, but I stopped counting points and started counting calories 7 or 8 months ago. I was bored with points after being on WW for a year. I would go to the WW web site and enter your calories into the point calculator until you find the proper number of calories to the points. The only problem with this is that there's about a 100 calorie range for each point and with fat and fiber you just won't be perfect on counting. You could search the data base on here to find the calories.
    best of luck! I'm tired so I hope this didn't sound too confusing.
  • JustGizzy
    I am partially on WW. I go to the meetings, but I stopped counting points and started counting calories 7 or 8 months ago. I was bored with points after being on WW for a year. I would go to the WW web site and enter your calories into the point calculator until you find the proper number of calories to the points. The only problem with this is that there's about a 100 calorie range for each point and with fat and fiber you just won't be perfect on counting. You could search the data base on here to find the calories.
    best of luck! I'm tired so I hope this didn't sound too confusing.

Thanks a lot for your reply...

So what I am hearing you say here is that for every 100 cal's there is 1 point? I thought about trying to add up all the calories that MFP has set me up on and see what it comes out as in points but not sure that is going to be the same since I don't know the formula they use to get the points to begain with...I have been on WW since last May and just came here about around the first part of June cause I am bored to death with the points program myself but since I started this I have been pretty much at a stand still with my weight..2 -3 pounds off one week and back on the next then back off then back on and this has been going on pretty much since I stopped WW points so I thought that maybe if I could figure out how many points it takes to make up with calories I am on then I would know where I need to be. At this point I am thinking I could be going way over or under and that is the problem...I know you can't go under anymore then you should go over . The thing I am worried about is those flex points, how do we work them into our calories?

BTW you didn't confuse me cause I am already confused....lol

Hugz
    Giz:happy:
  • kiffypooh
    If you want to see how many points MFP is giving you a day, I would put into the points calculator (I like using the one on weightwatchers.com because you don't have to do anything but enter the numbers), add the fat MFP allows you and put in 4 fiber (since you should be eating over 4 grams of fiber a day and anything over that with WW doesn't matter). That will tell you how many points. There is one problem with this. Weight Watchers has 0 point foods, which still have calories, so that messes up the system. When I stopped counting points, I set MFP to have me lose 2 lbs a week and followed what it said. I don't tell anyone at my meeting I don't count calories, and if I find a great low cal food I figure out the points and bring it is. I basically use WW as an overeaters anonymous meeting and they are there for my support and to hold me accountable.
    I hope that one doesn't confuse you too much either. I'm really tired today and thoughts are not translating into words today. If you aren't finding success on MFP you can open your journal to the public and post a question asking people to look at it and see what they think you may be doing wrong. I know too many processed foods is the cause of no loss sometimes. Do you exercise? Drink all your water and eat your fruits and veggies every day?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I was on/off WW for the last 10 years........and finally I switched to MFP this year and for the 2lbs loss a week the points and calories were almost identical for my daily allowance.

Meaning each point is approx equivelant to that of 50 calories.

I've had way more success with counting calories though.....those 0 point foods really are deceiving.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    its like a general rule that you can say 1 point equals 50 calories..give or take but at the end of the day you will be pretty close
  • kiffypooh
    I was on/off WW for the last 10 years........and finally I switched to MFP this year and for the 2lbs loss a week the points and calories were almost identical for my daily allowance.

Meaning each point is approx equivelant to that of 50 calories.

I've had way more success with counting calories though.....those 0 point foods really are deceiving.

I think calorie counting works great when you're grochery shopping too, you can just look and know.
  • JustGizzy
    Thanks all for your reply's...I think I have it figure out and am at where I need to be now the real truth will come out on the scale when I weigh in on Monday. I really do believe I just had my calories to high and I was taking in way to much sodium...I did however take my total cal at the end of the day and plug it into my trusty WW calculator and came up with about the same. The only question I have now is how about those flex points that is given to us on WW, Do we need to be concern for those or just leave it as is...I just love this place cause everybody here is so helpful in every way and its a much easier plan to follow with out all the work involved in point counting. Another thing I do miss about WW is there recipe builder..It was awesome. I tried out the SP recipe builder and not sure if it is something I am doing wrong but it seems that it never has anything I plug into it and I have to put all the information from the box, can or package myself and it just seems like way to much time where is WW's was simple imo...I am lazy that way...lol..

Again thanks to you all

Hugz
  • kiffypooh
    MFP is working on adding a recipe builder very soon. I think they said it was next on their list. I've never had a problem with the sparkspeople recipe builder, but I don't see how someone could use it wrong.

I'm not sure how long you have done WW but back in the day when I first started (in 2000) they use to have a range of calories. So you would get 25-30 calories a day and you could choose to eat what you wanted in the range and could "bank" them for another day (I thin it was within 7 days or something like that). The way I've always used flex points is for my cheat day. I always have a day I don't count and I eat (in moderation) what I want and just not use my flex points the rest of the week.

Did you decide to continue counting points, or are you switching to calorie counting? I think mixing it up makes it fun, which makes it new, which makes us successful!
  • JustGizzy
    MFP is working on adding a recipe builder very soon. I think they said it was next on their list. I've never had a problem with the sparkspeople recipe builder, but I don't see how someone could use it wrong.

I'm not sure how long you have done WW but back in the day when I first started (in 2000) they use to have a range of calories. So you would get 25-30 calories a day and you could choose to eat what you wanted in the range and could "bank" them for another day (I thin it was within 7 days or something like that). The way I've always used flex points is for my cheat day. I always have a day I don't count and I eat (in moderation) what I want and just not use my flex points the rest of the week.

Did you decide to continue counting points, or are you switching to calorie counting? I think mixing it up makes it fun, which makes it new, which makes us successful!

I am not sure what is is I am doing on SP recipe builder but I just know its more complicating for me then WW recipe builder..Could be just me too...

I used my flex points pretty much the same way...

I am mixing them up a bit so I can learn how it is WW does there point thingy...I figure if I keep mixing it up from cals to points I am bound to figure it out sooner or later..lol...

Hugz
  • kiffypooh

I am not sure what is is I am doing on SP recipe builder but I just know its more complicating for me then WW recipe builder..Could be just me too...

I used my flex points pretty much the same way...

I am mixing them up a bit so I can learn how it is WW does there point thingy...I figure if I keep mixing it up from cals to points I am bound to figure it out sooner or later..lol...

Hugz

The only place I can see where it may get messed up is where you click "all these words" or "some of these words" or something like that. That's all I have on that.

The reason I wanted to post was because I just saw where you wrote you lost 70 lbs over the past year! GREAT work, that's amazing! You should be so proud!!!!
This discussion has been closed.