Stressed...visiting family

Options
Next week I will be visiting out of town family for a week. I have been doing so great with my eating and fitness plan. I'm really stressed because they eat a lot of fatty foods and will most likely not have healthy food on hand. I'm thinking I will just eat smaller potions of what they serve, lasagne is on the menu, but I'm worried I will lose all willpower and pig out on lasagne, spaghetti, bread, and other food when it is in front of me. I eat healthy when I cook for myself but I can see myself undoing all my hard work by eating too much for a week. I don't have a lot of willpower if it is right in front of me and everyone is eating and enjoying the meal. I know I have to learn to eat in the real world and not in my own kitchen forever, but I've only just started my healthy eating a month ago and have lost weight that I'm scared to gain back.
Any words of wisdom or encouragement please. Really stressed.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Think through some strategies before you go to reduce stress. If you can hold back on the portions, fatty foods are highly satisfying.

If it were me I'd be carrying water everywhere I go. Gulp down water before you take any food. Instant appetite suppressant.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    eat slowly and enjoy every bite. Make your smaller portion last and keep people offf your back about seconds if your done way before them :p