Slipping back to old habits - oh nooooooo !

Options
Shoot - shoot - shoot

Just noticed I'm slipping back into my non-measuring, non-weighing, constantly nibbling, lazy ways . Shoot - shoot - shoot !

That looks like a half cup. That looks to be about 4 oz - not to mention the 3 oz I ate while preparing the food. That looks like too much, so I take off the plate the small portion that looks like too much and eat it, then serve the plate and eat that too. Duh !

We're in a heat wave, I'm not walking home the long way today...it's just one freakin' mile - walk it !

On the plus side I have logged it all. Unfortunately I end up eating badly because of all the wasted nibbling calories.

AND my bathroom scale died. I ordered a new one, but I weigh everyday (and have no problem with seeing the fluctuations - that's why I weigh everyday to see which foods affect me that way) Now I'm gonna be pissed if the new scale is perhaps a bit more accurate than the old one.

Just one complaint - had some extra calories last night for 1/2 cup of yogurt and some topping -half a peach vs 16 60% chocolate chips. Neither fit completely into the macros, but the chocolate chips fit better than the half a peach. Ummmm OK.

Glad I caught the slip before it turned into a landslide - back on track - measured my blueberries, milk and cereal this morning. I'm only part way through serving breakfast at work and no nibbling so far. That usually happens when I put it all away - the fruit bowl is sooooo tasty. AND I WILL walk the long way home today no matter how freakin' hot it is.

New scale better arrive soon - apparently that thing is my rock.

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lol, realised exactly the same thing this week! Sounds like you know exactly what tricksey things your mind is trying to get you with though. I think that is over half of the problem solved, because now you know where to target your attention to get things back on track!

Good luck getting it all back under control - hope your scale arrives soon :):flowerforyou:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Great job seeing the old habits creep back before they became current habits again! We all do it. It is part of the process. This is how I figured out where my maintenance level was!
    You got this.
  • yellowmirror
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! It made me lol because I can relate but it helps to know I'm human , mistakes will happen and I will start again. This is how I am! I will be very good, measuring everything and being careful for days then ill have "a nibble here a nibble there" ill eyeball the milk - yup that looks like 1/2 cup! Wow..., time to get myself back on track!! :-)

Ps I weigh myself everyday also! Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I get ya i get lazy as well its tedious sometimes knowing how many oz your glasses hold is a good start give yourself wiggle room on lower cal things like veggies and be better on the higher cal things like dessert
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. I hit a spot where I didn't lose for almost a month, I realized I was over estimating exercise calories, under estimating intake and had slipped a little in the amount of exercise. I made the correction and now the weight is headed back down.