Is this workout OK?

I honestly know nothing about putting together workouts, other than what I like from workouts put together by others for me. I just put this together the other day when the idea of spending an hour on the treadmill felt like torture, I didn't quite have the energy for a HIIT workout and didn't have access to my normal gym. I ended up liking it and might work it into my schedule occasionally.

I went through these sets, leg portions weighted, med ball for toe touches, 4x each, about 10-15 reps each. I quit after the lunge/plank set, I was dead by then.

Squats
Side crunches on Stability Ball
Pull up

KB Swings
Toe touches

Rdl
Leg lowers

Lunges
Plank

Pistol squat
Russian twist

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    edited January 2017
    Self-designed programs usually end up flawed. For example your workout is missing pushing exercises ("chest"), and abs usually shouldn't be done before compound exercises. Follow a pro-designed program for best results. :+1:
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Thanks, I'm already following a set lifting program (full-body) 2-3 days per week, with a personal trainer. I'm looking more for filler workouts on the off days. I guess the workouts should give my muscles a chance to rest?? Maybe be more focused on cardio vs strength? I added the pull-ups because I really want to work up to one unassisted pull up in the next few months.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    mdcoug wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm already following a set lifting program (full-body) 2-3 days per week, with a personal trainer.

Would your trainer be willing to give you "homework" to do on your other days? I've had mine do that before....
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    mdcoug wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm already following a set lifting program (full-body) 2-3 days per week, with a personal trainer. I'm looking more for filler workouts on the off days.

Any exercises you add should complement the trainer's plan and not create overtraining issues.. so it's best to ask your trainer. :+1: