Knee injury making exercise difficult, help?

Options
sewiggle
sewiggle Posts: 50 Member
I have recently injured my knee somehow and I am struggling to do cardio at the gym. After around 5 minutes on the treadmill or a similar cardio machine my knee starts hurting and I have to stop. Can anyone recommend any other exercises that I can do for my legs and bum please? All I seem to work on at the minute is arms and weekly gentle core exercise classes but even that causes pain.

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I know when I completely tore my ACL they put me on a bike and then threw me in a pool.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have you been to a physio about your knee?
  • sewiggle
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone about it yet as it has only been bothering me for a couple of week and only when I exert it so I am hoping that it will heal itself
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sewiggle wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone about it yet as it has only been bothering me for a couple of week and only when I exert it so I am hoping that it will heal itself

I would strongly recommend seeing one - some strengthening now will stop it becoming a recurring injury
  • sewiggle
    Options
    sewiggle wrote: »

I would strongly recommend seeing one - some strengthening now will stop it becoming a recurring injury

Thanks, I will look into it next week if it has not improved
  • albatrevin
    albatrevin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I injured me knee too and First go to your doctor, second go to a pool and exercise. You can burn more calories in less time and is no impact exercise to yor knee. You can find workouts for pool in google search.
  • sewiggle
    Options
    albatrevin wrote: »
    I injured me knee too and First go to your doctor, second go to a pool and exercise. You can burn more calories in less time and is no impact exercise to yor knee. You can find workouts for pool in google search.

That is great, thank you :)