Calorie Counting Question

Options
OK, I've eaten 1200 calories between breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Had a killer workout. And now I'm expected to eat 1500 more calories according to MFP. But right now I'm not seeing that as possible. I'm just not hungry. Suggestions??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're logging big numbers for the exercise you did. I wouldn't eat all of them back - maybe half at the most. But basically IF those numbers were correct you're expecting your body to function properly on a negative amount of calories. One day undereating is one thing, but making a daily habit of it isn't going to do you any favors in the long run. If you want to continue to have killer workouts you need to fuel your body enough to do it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How are you coming up with 1500 calories for an exercise burn? I would have to ride about 40 miles to accomplish that...not something I typically do on the daily.

But, if indeed that is the case, it's a very unhealthy way to go about things on any kind of consistent basis...essentially you ate 1200 and then burned off 1500...so you're leaving your body negative energy...it's the same as just not eating anything at all.
  • Emily_AK87
    Emily_AK87 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe the numbers are wrong. I just logged what I did. But thanks! That does make sense.