What is working for you

Options
Absolutely making this a life style change not a diet, no pills ,no gimmicks it's watching calories and exercise 6 days a week and water water water !! It's taken me over 200 days to get this fat loss 40 lbs and I'm still not at my goal weight but I am wearing a smaller size ,4 pant sizes then when I began size 14 now size 6 and it's much smaller than last time I weighted this amount so it must be muscle ! I can do this long term and I'm not in a rush !!! bikini

Replies

• Zendrick
    Zendrick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Same story for me. I lift weights, I do cardio some days, I go for quick walks at work, I drink water and coffee only. I count calories, I'm down 10lbs but it had only been 90 days for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I lift 6 days a week, do cardio of some sort daily for at least 30 minutes, watch my calorie intake and basically just try to fulfill my macro/micronutrients. How I do that will depend on how I start eating that day. I'm not that systematic at what I eat like I used to be.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started in Oct and nothing was working so I did a low carb diet and so far lost 20 pounds it's been working and it's alot easier to do ow that I have the hang of it
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I am on this crazy new plan called eat right and exercise. I eat appropriate amounts of healthy foods to maintain a calorie deficit for weightloss and exercise for fitness. I know it sounds crazy but it really works, lol.

One thing that has really helped me is figuring out what foods I can still eat larger portions of without blowing my calorie budget.

Hahaha
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I eat in a deficit, do StrongLifts 5x5, the occasional yoga and cardio, and I eat a lot of Halo Top. Working so far. Started at 210, am now at 175 and about to win my DietBet >:)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,027 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I am on this crazy new plan called eat right and exercise. I eat appropriate amounts of healthy foods to maintain a calorie deficit for weightloss and exercise for fitness. I know it sounds crazy but it really works, lol.

One thing that has really helped me is figuring out what foods I can still eat larger portions of without blowing my calorie budget.

The bolded is the key for me. I don't restrict anything but calories and I know I can eat anything I want as long as it fits my goals. But I have learned that even though I can eat anything I want, some things aren't worth eating very often because they may leave me hungry at the end of the day or short on protein. I have also learned to be happy with smaller portions of certain foods so that I can fit them in daily.

So what works for me is eating foods I love and staying at my calorie goal. I have started doing yoga which I love, and I walk daily and run about 3 days a week. I found that as I lost weight exercise became easier and also something that I wanted to do, not something that I felt I had to do.
  • asbandr
    asbandr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I count macros and weightlift 4 days a week. I also try to make it my goal to drink a minimum of 64 oz water a day. This is something I can see myself doing long term and building even better habits off of. I started January 1 and haven't weighed since then, but I definitely notice my clothes being loser and feel more confident.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!