Okay! This is it! How Can I Drop Last 10lbs in August?

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    At your current weight, 10 pound loss in August is not realistic or healthy. Do you weigh and measure your portions? Do you keep your journal? I'm hypothyroid and eat more protein than carbs and it helps a lot. Carbs cause water retention.

Okay, thanks. I was weighing and measuring but im taking a break now for the summer. Not logging at all. Just eyeballing 1300cals a day. Some days are high carb. Carb at every meal. And some are low carb breaky, med carb lunch and no carb supper. I've been trying to lose 10lbs since Januray 2013 - nothing. Something is not right so I keep trying different things. Sometimes I think it's the heavy lifting that is keeping me from losing "weigh". There could very well be "fat loss" but im really unsure - it's so hard to tell. Measurements haven't changed as far as I can tell. On the plus side, i look good in a bikini when im laying down :) lol

The above 'conversation' made me wonder if this is how the OP tends to process suggestions:

Suggestion (eat fewer carbs) --> comparison to present behaviour (how many carbs each meal) --> rejection of suggestion

Why not try:

Suggestion --> attempt to put into practice ---> rejection/acceptance based on results
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    ^^ such a supportive member ! Why even post this ?

you've obviously missed the OP's numerous posts.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Ive been waiting sooo long I would totally rather do it the "unhealthy way" just to get it done and over with....

I'm certain this comment has most likely been addressed several times by now BUT:

If you get it " over and done with " - within a few weeks, your damaging your body and the chances of you gaining it all back as soon as you go eat normally are pretty much certain. With a few extra lbs for good measure!

I've lost a stone in a month too many times to count in my 20s. But here I am finally admitting defeat and feeling so much better for doing it the right way.

Good luck! xxx
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    CW 150lb in am/155lb in pm (each time i weigh in morning and night, they differ like this)
    GW 140lb
    31 year old female with type 1 diabetes and hypothyroidism - both controlled
    Work in busy seafood retail 5 days a week. Look after 18 month old son all other times/days. He's fassstttt!!!!
    Heavy lift 2-3 times a week. 50 crunches every 2nd day. (Squats 5x5 @ 60lbs, OHP 5x5 @ 50lbs, Rows 5*5 @ 60lbs, Deads 3*5 @ 110lbs, 10lb dumbs reverse fly, bench press 50lbs 5*5, trilats pulldowns 5*5 @30lbs.
    I walk for 30 minutes 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I jog for 30 min once a week. On days off (2 a week) I swim at the beach.
    I aim for about 1300 cals a day. At least once a week i go over to about 2400cals. Some days are a bit more high carb than others. I have protein at each meal (breakfast lunch supper)
    I drink about 2 coffee and water with Mio (4 cups) per day

Note: This plan has been going on for about 2 months BUT, I've been having trouble with the eating part - prob not really at a deficit like i think I am.....

How can I tweak this plan to drop these last 10lbs in the month of August!!!!! - other than weighing and measuring and making sure I don't go over cals....

Q.F.T.

...........aaaaaaaaaaaand count yo' foodz! The rest is irrelevant if you're not doing the single most crucial part of your plan.

traininggirl-eating_300.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks to most posts. And for the other, who in the heck cares what I posted before??? This is today and this is what im posted TODAY. Yesterday doesn't matter people - it's what we do today and what we are gonna do in the future. I am trying to lose this gd weight and I AM doing everything right! Even messing up with cheat meals! Having cheat meals is still doing it right! My problem is patience okay! And yes I want a quick fix - doesn't everyone??? Like i said before, I've lost 15lb in 4 months. Why can't I lose 10lbs in 7 months now? Im impatient and frustrated. I just need people to push me to keep going! THAT IS WHY I MAKE MY POSTS AND ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!! YEAH WOOHOO!!!! YA YA YA YA YA YA!!!!!!! CALL ME CRAZY< CALL ME WHAT U WANT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!

Q.F.T.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaV3sqcEkVeLDLEu4PqtQKv4HgVW_czGeJM2gWUTND79GxA6HeLg
  • IronMan_DuhamNC
    Options
    More protein than carbs, mixed with the proper amount of patience
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I think you look great just how you are!!!

Just keep up the healthy eating, maybe up the protein and drink lots and lots of water

Lipo....,for 10lbs......he'll no.....some supportive people on here....not!!! Hope they dont post a forum needing advice one day, we can send the same advice straight back!!!!!

Jeez!!!!!
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 10lbs since Januray 2013 - nothing.

Maybe that's your body's way of saying, "STTTAAAAAHHHHP!"

You're smack dab in the middle of a healthy BMI. Have you calculated your body fat percentage? Your goal weight might not be realistic if you have a higher lean mass.

For instance, in my late 20s, I lost weight due to a jaw problem and got down to about 120. I was weak and sickly, but looked great at that size. I wanted to look that way again. However, over the last decade or so, I've become healthier and stronger. I currently have a lean mass of about 110 pounds, so to reach 120 pounds, I'd either need a ridiculously low body fat percentage, or I'd need to lean mass. I've worked too damn hard for my lean mass to want to lose any.

So a better goal weight for me is between 130-140 pounds. I'm the same CLOTHING size as I was at 120 pounds before, but healthier and stronger.

I wonder if this is my problem? I naturally have pretty muscled legs and arms without doing any lifting. I have also been having trouble losing my last 10lbs and have decided to switch to heavy lifting on top of watching my diet. Maybe I am at a good weight and just need to tone and create more lean mass? I'm 5'3 and 138 lbs currently but I feel like others around the same height and weight usually look much smaller than I do.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Just keep up the healthy eating, maybe up the protein and drink lots and lots of water

Lipo....,for 10lbs......he'll no.....some supportive people on here....not!!! Hope they dont post a forum needing advice one day, we can send the same advice straight back!!!!!

Jeez!!!!!

^^ right ?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Jeez!!!!!

^^ right ?

Cassie, what was your helpful suggestion, exactly?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not possible. Shoot for 1lb a week at most dont do it the unhealthy way.

Ive been waiting sooo long I would totally rather do it the "unhealthy way" just to get it done and over with....

speechless-gif.2049

Okay, you've had lots of advice from your many threads and now I know why you started so many. You wanted a quick fix. The fact that you just said this irks me. This site isn't for you and I'm not going to give you ways to hurt yourself.

I'd wish you best of luck but I'd be lying.

My sympathies to you and I think you should try pro-ana sites instead or just go get lipo-suction.

The rest of us that are willing to work for our success will be winning and happy with ourselves and our choices. :flowerforyou:

Because it's the truth. Duh?

^^telling someone to get off this site and go to a pro -Anna site . Who's truth is that ?

Because no one on this site (I hope) would give her ways to put herself in danger to lose the last 10lbs. And as I said, she's asked and gotten the same advice many times.

^^ it seems like you just did

knight.gif

^this

And gif stolen for future inevitable use.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

speechless-gif.2049

Okay, you've had lots of advice from your many threads and now I know why you started so many. You wanted a quick fix. The fact that you just said this irks me. This site isn't for you and I'm not going to give you ways to hurt yourself.

I'd wish you best of luck but I'd be lying.

My sympathies to you and I think you should try pro-ana sites instead or just go get lipo-suction.

The rest of us that are willing to work for our success will be winning and happy with ourselves and our choices. :flowerforyou:

Geezus. Get off your high horse already. Joy is an incredibly supportive and inspiring member who tells it like it is. She is not one to sit back and allow someone to harm themselves because they are so desperate to lose weight that they will resort to anything in order to do so. I wish there were more people on MFP like her.
    Thanks to most posts. And for the other, who in the heck cares what I posted before??? This is today and this is what im posted TODAY. Yesterday doesn't matter people - it's what we do today and what we are gonna do in the future. I am trying to lose this gd weight and I AM doing everything right! Even messing up with cheat meals! Having cheat meals is still doing it right! My problem is patience okay! And yes I want a quick fix - doesn't everyone??? Like i said before, I've lost 15lb in 4 months. Why can't I lose 10lbs in 7 months now? Im impatient and frustrated. I just need people to push me to keep going! THAT IS WHY I MAKE MY POSTS AND ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!! YEAH WOOHOO!!!! YA YA YA YA YA YA!!!!!!! CALL ME CRAZY< CALL ME WHAT U WANT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!

Woah. Back away from the computer already... The last 10 pounds are incredibly difficult to lose. I have been working on my last 10 pounds for about 3 months, and I am still not there yet. Do I b*tch and moan about it? No. But, I do push myself to work harder and remain focused.

What good is racing to the finish going to do you? You will be at your goal weight, but you will have learned absolutely nothing about losing weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. And, using extreme measures in order to lose those last 10 pounds will undoubtedly lead you to gain all of that weight back. You have people here who are giving you sound advice and telling you to be patient and lose the weight the right way. Yet, you keep fishing for someone to coddle you and tell you that abusing your body in order to lose weight is okay. If you want to be ridiculous and unhealthy about the way you are losing weight, then so be it. But, don't expect the majority of us to support you in doing so.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to lose 10 pounds but part of that is what you are eating..try Eat to live..Really any vegetarian diet can get you lower than you are and all you need to do is introduce the meat, startches and such back in slowly.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :yawn: This again?...why bother? You never take any of the advice given, just keep asking the same question apparently hoping for a different answer.
    :noway:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks to most posts. And for the other, who in the heck cares what I posted before???

well, obviously you don't. even though it's the same question with the same answers
    This is today and this is what im posted TODAY. Yesterday doesn't matter people

once again, i think that's just you. My yesterday's matter to me. Especially if I'm doomed to repeat them over and over. That's when I like to look at my yesterday and see how I can make my tomorrow more productive.
    - it's what we do today and what we are gonna do in the future.

Not a psychic, but i'm betting the future holds more threads with the same damn question, over and over again
    And yes I want a quick fix - doesn't everyone???

Can't speak for everyone, but I don't want a quick fix. I want an effective, permanent fix
    CALL ME CRAZY

*whistles*
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Im impatient and frustrated. I just need people to push me to keep going! THAT IS WHY I MAKE MY POSTS AND ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!! YEAH WOOHOO!!!! YA YA YA YA YA YA!!!!!!! CALL ME CRAZY< CALL ME WHAT U WANT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!

:noway: gah.
    Methinks you broke it.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

I would say because you're "eyeballing" things. Try logging your calories for the month of august and see what happens.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options

No no no. If you rush it you will fail, if not initially, then at least when you gain it back. Trust in the process. Keep up what you know works. Log your food. What are you rushing for??
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    FFS, just stop.

You do realize that every single thread you have posted has been answered with sound advice that you refuse to listen to, right?

Maybe you should actually listen to the successful people around here for once.