CHEAT DAY(S)

Options
Hey guys! Just wondering do you have a cheat day? Or just a cheat meal? And if so, how often? I have one cheat meal a week and I was just wondering what the rest of you do :smile:

Replies

• amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat meal or cheat day. I'm still very focused on losing weight and have some to go. Cheat days/meals sabotage me and I do much better just not doing it at all.
  • nabarnes
    nabarnes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I let myself cheat for lunch and dinner on Saturdays. It's probably slowed my weight loss, but I think it also keeps me on track because I have something to look forward to at the end of each week.
  • abbyherrington
    Options
    I don't really have cheat meals, I usually have cheat drinks. I usually let myself have a few drinks on the weekend without stressing over it too much. I just log it, accept the extra calories and try to burn them off. It actually motivates me more to exercise throughout the week, plus it makes me feel like I'm not giving up everything I enjoy.
  • CubanT25
    CubanT25 Posts: 5
    Options
    Many people have a different outlook about cheat days or meals. I, myself, don't believe in depriving myself of the wonderful foods this world offers. At the same time, I don't go over my daily calories. So how do I cheat on any given day? Very easy. If I want pizza, I go and buy pizza but I limit myself to how many slices I can have base on my calories. I don't go buy healthy pizzas thou, I have whatever one I'm craving but I keep my calories in check. So if I can only have 1 slice then I have one only. Simple. Same goes with fast food places, i can have anything on the board if its under a certain number of calories but I never go for the healthy stuff. Now, how often do I go out and eat? Not often, usually once a week. That's because I don't crave things so much. If a person starts craving food daily then something is wrong with their meal plans. Your body is in need of something. A bit about me, I lost almost 70 pounds in 7 months. I started January of this year. Never once did I hold back on eating the food I desired. The key is in control.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have 'cheat' meals/days. It can't all be egg whites and kale (especially if you're in it for the long haul). Everything is moderation.
    And I'm picky about my 'cheat' meals. I'll throw it away if I'm not wowed by the first bite.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I do not have "cheat" days or meals. Instead I have a caloric budget so when I want to enjoy something, like I did on my birthday for example, I put in the exercise to earn it. I had a really high calorie birthday dinner with my family but it was only net 400-some calories thanks to the fact I walked 7.5 miles earlier.

I also turn things into calorie transactions. Like if I want Starbucks, I have to walk there to get it (about 2 miles round trip). Same with ice cream (4-5 miles round trip).

My goal is every day to eat under what MFP tells me to eat because I know as I lose more I need to become accustomed to eating less and less anyways (it's already taken over 200 calories from my ceiling due to weight loss).
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Not really, I just factor it into my calories.

If I do go for a social event I dont worry too much, just focus on not binging.

eating TDEE -15% or so helps, being highly active helps allot :drinker:
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i don't have what you normally call cheat days, I don't really believe in them.

the closes thing i have is a day i ignore my macros(except protein) but still eat to normal calorie allotment