Re-make you favorite foods

I'm working on re-making my favorite foods so this will be a lifestyle change. I still love veggie pizza. That's my next quest, to make a super thin and crispy crust, low cal, veggie pizza. Cheat day: on Sundays, I don't log at all. I try not to over indulge, but I know you need a treat once in a while.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Log everything. I can easily wipe out a week's deficit by eating too much one day.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I get what you're saying. I remade a lot of my favorite foods by simply using a lot less olive oil than I used to as a first step. I had a pretty heavy hand with it in the past. That has saved me a lot of calories.

I still enjoy a lot of what I ate before (I tend to like a lot of what people consider healthy food), but I've cut down on the calorie dense ingredients in my recipes and increased the less caloric ones (there are a lot more veggies in my soups and stir fries and casseroles now, for example).
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    I get what you're saying. I remade a lot of my favorite foods by simply using a lot less olive oil than I used to as a first step. I had a pretty heavy hand with it in the past. That has saved me a lot of calories.

I still enjoy a lot of what I ate before (I tend to like a lot of what people consider healthy food), but I've cut down on the calorie dense ingredients in my recipes and increased the less caloric ones (there are a lot more veggies in my soups and stir fries and casseroles now, for example).

Same. I made some unnoticeable swaps like having ground turkey over ground beef, or the leanest beef.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member

I have a cauliflower/cheese casserole that I love except that it is quite heavy on the calories for a side dish. I added broccoli and carrots to it plus cut up chicken and turned it in to a full meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

Ditto. Less oil/butter, more veggies, more meat, less pasta/rice/potatoes. You can cut down the calories of pretty much everything and still make it satisfying enough by switching to lower fat stuff too (except dessert, that just doesn't cut it for me, and cheese, unless it's as a topping in a recipe).