Does anyone else put in your meals a day in advance?

Options
angelbabe218
angelbabe218 Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So, I feel kind of guilty about this but I find it helps as a form of meal planning. I put it in the night before, same with my exercise and then I feel more obligated to do the workouts and eat what I planned. Anyone else think it's a good system? What are your meal planning ideas? TIA

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why it would be an issue. Sometimes I put my lunch in when I'm packing it, but that's about it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Oya for sure. When you're eating almost 4000 calories a day you have to do anythin to make sure you got that number
  • Rowan09
    Rowan09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it a day in advance but I have logged all my meals I plan to eat for the day first thing in the morning.
    For me it's the same thing- not worrying about straying from my plan!
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I often plan my food a day (or even two) in advance. As you say, it helps me stay on track and not be tempted by other things. Occasionally I might fancy something different (you know when you wake up and just fancy something?) but I'll make sure it stays within the calories/macros of what I'd planned.

It's nothing to feel guilty about! :smile:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Always. It helps me to know exactly how the day is going to play out, for both calories and macros. It's when I improvise that things go off the rails.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes always so I know exactly what I'm cooking for tea and it definitely helps to keep on track...no quilt needed .....I'll actually put my menu for the week on a white board in the kitchen then do my grocery shop to accommodate the meals I'm gonna make so I know I have all the ingredients I need and don't then go off course.. if it helps do what ever suits you....
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    My food is generally planned in my diary five days in advance and my exercise is currently planned through the end of February. If something has to change, I just delete it and don't get too bent out of shape over it, tho.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do M-F bc I meal plan. I adjust anything I need to on the actual day.

I also pre-add my Friday and Saturday night wine. Lol
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I have tried this pre-logging and for me it always fails. I find that I forget to eat some of what I logged in advance, or that the serving size I planned was no longer available, or some other reason. I would love to be able to log in advance but all this kind of thing just makes it too much trouble for me because I have to spend extra time correcting most of it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I usually just do it the morning of but have a general idea the day before.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I tend to do this too, without the guilt that is. Most certainly if I know in advance, so if it is a regular day- Immediately know then if and where there is room or not. Pre-logging has been a great source of sanity for me
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    No, but that is a GREAT idea. When I get within a few weeks of my race I have to pay super close attention to my nutrition. I sometimes struggle to do this and I think you just gave me the idea I needed. I can use MFP to 'plan' my days so I know I will get enough protein and calories.

THANKS! :)
  • violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every day. For one thing I cook a lot, so I always have leftovers for lunch that I can add for the next day. For another, even if tweak it a bit pre-logging helps be stay on goal. I don't log exercise in advance because I've been known to be lazy now and again.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every Saturday for the entire upcoming week. Helps me considerably with shopping. If something changes, then I edit my diary.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do this 50% of the time. I do better when I plan ahead!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    If that works for you then it's great! Nothing wrong with that. I have never done that because you know a woman's prerogative is to change her mind! ;)
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Yep. For awhile I was even logging my entire week in advance. If I start with a plan at the beginning of the day, I have a much better shot of sticking with it. No need to feel guilty about that!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time.