Roast dinner servings

Options
Hi guys,

I am trying to get my portion sizes under control, usually on a Sunday I have a roast dinner (I know I go overboard with my portions here)

Does anyone know roughly what a place up should look like in grams ideally? So I am having Pork, Roasties and then lots of green vege.

Any advice/ideas to keep it in line with my weight loss goals would be appreciated ✌

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Zozzle91 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am trying to get my portion sizes under control, usually on a Sunday I have a roast dinner (I know I go overboard with my portions here)

Does anyone know roughly what a place up should look like in grams ideally? So I am having Pork, Roasties and then lots of green vege.

Any advice/ideas to keep it in line with my weight loss goals would be appreciated ✌

You haven't told us your weight loss goals. Plus, we would need to know your macro goals. And what else you ate that day, what else you ate that week. And how much exercise you're getting. And your stats (height, weight,age, gender, activity level). And how the food is prepared (added fats, anything else added).

Since you presumably know all those things (and if you don't, thinking about them and figuring them out should be your first step), it would be easier if you just pre-log entries for the foods in the meal, using whatever portions you wish (e.g., 100 g. of each food). Look at the calorie and (if you care) macros. How well does it match up to your goals (including the possibility that you may have saved extra calories for this meal, or that you may have decided to eat at maintenance on Sundays)? Tweak amounts until you get results you're happy with. Dish up your plate to meet the final, tweaked amounts in your pre-logged entry.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The roasties are what'll spike your cals, and the gravy depending on what fat is used. I would suck it up and measure and weigh everything, it just is what it is.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Roast your potatoes in fry light and cut visible fat off your meat, I have 2 generous slices usually. I use gravy granules rather than making it with meat juices as lower calories. Be generous with the green veggies but keep butter away from them. Log everything, if u dont go overboard on portions u can have a nice roast dinner for 600 cals :-)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like about 100 grams of meat, 100 grams of broccoli, 120 grams of baked potato, and 10 grams of butter (4 g for the broccoli and 6 for the potato), but that's me.

When I chop up potatoes and roast them in oil I don't add butter to them afterwards.