Does it matter which weigh day you choose?

Options
What do you think? If you have a weekly weigh day that you use to compare week-to-week progress, does it matter whether you choose Friday or Monday or Wednesday? If I choose Monday, it helps keep me accountable for the weekend. Then again, if I choose Friday, it helps me feel a little more relaxed on the weekend, which is really nice. Then again, if I choose Friday, it could lead to over-indulging on the weekend, throwing off the whole week. Then again, if I choose Monday and see a nice loss, I could over-indulge on Monday, setting up a standard for the whole week and making me feel like a failure right when the week has only begun. OR, how about just don't worry about which day it is, eat at a deficit every week, and as long as I'm eating at a deficit, surely the scale will come down every week?

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    suzievv wrote: »
    What do you think? If you have a weekly weigh day that you use to compare week-to-week progress, does it matter whether you choose Friday or Monday or Wednesday? If I choose Monday, it helps keep me accountable for the weekend. Then again, if I choose Friday, it helps me feel a little more relaxed on the weekend, which is really nice. Then again, if I choose Friday, it could lead to over-indulging on the weekend, throwing off the whole week. Then again, if I choose Monday and see a nice loss, I could over-indulge on Monday, setting up a standard for the whole week and making me feel like a failure right when the week has only begun. OR, how about just don't worry about which day it is, eat at a deficit every week, and as long as I'm eating at a deficit, surely the scale will come down every week?

Boom. There's your answer right there. While losing, I only weighed myself once a month, so I always saw a loss.
    Currently, in maintenance, I do better weighing every day. I understand my fluctuations, and I don't worry about them as long as I'm not gaining or losing overall.

• kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like a saturday morning weigh in. Im very disciplined sun-thurs but fri/sat nights are my downfall. A saturday morning weigh in ensures that at least ill b good on the friday. Thats my logic anyway and works for me.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    But how are you going to participate in Weigh In Wednesday if you do it on Monday?

Kidding aside...if you're going to weigh in once a week, you can pick one singular day. That way you have exactly a week between weigh ins but if it won't drive you insane, you can weigh in daily in the same conditions and use a trending app such as Happy Scale or Libra to watch the overall trend. As long as it is going down, you're good.
  • CanadianRockies
    CanadianRockies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    suzievv wrote: »
    If I choose Monday, it helps keep me accountable for the weekend....Then again, if I choose Friday, it could lead to over-indulging on the weekend, throwing off the whole week.
    If you feel weighing will help keep you accountable, then you might want to consider weighing yourself daily instead of weekly. Just a thought.

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I pee for the first time. I know that it will fluctuate, but it works for me.