Weight Loss Wrist Bands Purpose?

Options
I've been hearing about these fit bands such as thr mi fit band but I was wondering...what is the purpose of them? What do they track? I looked into some and I've seen that they track things such as sleep hours and heart rate but what get one?

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Almost all of them track your steps, some of them track your heart rate and help log workout calories more accurately. Most will sync with your MFP account and automatically adjust your remaining calories for the day based on your activity. Fitbit seems to be the most popular and has the biggest community which is a nice plus, but all of them probably work in a similar way.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivoactive. I can log all kinds of different exercises, activities and sleep. It has a HRM and GPS so it gives a decent estimate of calories burned. It gives me numbers I can put in spreadsheets and play with to see if what I'm doing works or not. It helps me keep focused on my goals and is helping me with my weight loss. It works for me.

Whether it will work for you or not is dependent on you and what you need.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I have a misfit shine, Garmin vivoactive, and Jawbone UP3

The first two keep very accurate step counts and the third keeps track of my "resting" heartrate at various random intervals through the day.

They all track sleep, and since the first couple months I don't look at that metric much, but I definitely noticed that they did a quality job of tracking how restful my sleep was.