Sharing my success to inspire

Options
ErnestIan
ErnestIan Posts: 11 Member
[transformation image below]

I am a family man --- dad of two wonderful daughters. I work in a pretty cutthroat realty industry and I also freelance as a web developer and internet marketing consultant. I am a typical middle-working class type of a guy. Time and energy management is crucial for me to have a 'healthy' work-life balance.

For about 3 years, I seemed to do well. I worked enough to earn enough, and I had enough quality time with my wife and kids. It all seemed too ideal but it's not... I forgot the health/fitness aspect in the balance. I gained 48 lbs of unwanted and unhealthy bulk. I smoked and drank and ate myself into obesity.

I could no longer physically do the things I used to (and I was pretty much an athlete not too long ago). I snored, my sleep quality was *kitten*. I hated the stairs; tying my shoes and clipping my toenails were a struggle! My sex life was degrading but my wife stuck with me.

I needed WORK-LIFE-HEALTH/FITNESS balance.... I really forgot about the health/fitness aspect.

I want to live longer and enjoy the money I earned, share moments with my daughters, and experience the world with my wife.

So I decided to change my lifestyle and made health/fitness goals. But still able to do WORK and have quality family LIFE. It's tricky but with discipline and smart decision making, it gets easier.

With the help of MyFitnessPal, I can make sure that I eat enough and eat healthy. It is possible to be at the top of your game in your career, play with your kids, shop with your wife, spar MuayThai, and lift heavy-*kitten* weights all in one day -- almost everyday!

I am about 16 weeks in my program and I am happy with my progress. I lost around 25 lbs already and I feel ALOT better in all aspects (cardio, strength, agility, endurance, mental alertness)... and it can still get better.

I want to inspire and brag (really lol) about my transformation. If you find my journey relatable, please feel free to contact and discuss things with me. It's my pleasure to help people out.

i8ss1sxy33qa.jpg

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Well done, man! You look like a completely different person. It's hard to believe you did that in only four months!
  • ErnestIan
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Congrats!

thanks! :)
  • ErnestIan
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Well done, man! You look like a completely different person. It's hard to believe you did that in only four months!

Thanks!!! The most difficult part is breaking up with the bad habits. But I am a firm believer of "It gets better and easier..." and it always does.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ErnestIan
    Options
    Well done!

Thank you!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am sure your family appreciates the effort of you regaining your health and fitness! Keep it up!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Good on you mate!
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ErnestIan wrote: »
    [transformation image below]

I am a family man --- dad of two wonderful daughters. I work in a pretty cutthroat realty industry and I also freelance as a web developer and internet marketing consultant. I am a typical middle-working class type of a guy. Time and energy management is crucial for me to have a 'healthy' work-life balance.

For about 3 years, I seemed to do well. I worked enough to earn enough, and I had enough quality time with my wife and kids. It all seemed too ideal but it's not... I forgot the health/fitness aspect in the balance. I gained 48 lbs of unwanted and unhealthy bulk. I smoked and drank and ate myself into obesity.

I could no longer physically do the things I used to (and I was pretty much an athlete not too long ago). I snored, my sleep quality was *kitten*. I hated the stairs; tying my shoes and clipping my toenails were a struggle! My sex life was degrading but my wife stuck with me.

I needed WORK-LIFE-HEALTH/FITNESS balance.... I really forgot about the health/fitness aspect.

I want to live longer and enjoy the money I earned, share moments with my daughters, and experience the world with my wife.

So I decided to change my lifestyle and made health/fitness goals. But still able to do WORK and have quality family LIFE. It's tricky but with discipline and smart decision making, it gets easier.

With the help of MyFitnessPal, I can make sure that I eat enough and eat healthy. It is possible to be at the top of your game in your career, play with your kids, shop with your wife, spar MuayThai, and lift heavy-*kitten* weights all in one day -- almost everyday!

I am about 16 weeks in my program and I am happy with my progress. I lost around 25 lbs already and I feel ALOT better in all aspects (cardio, strength, agility, endurance, mental alertness)... and it can still get better.

I want to inspire and brag (really lol) about my transformation. If you find my journey relatable, please feel free to contact and discuss things with me. It's my pleasure to help people out.

i8ss1sxy33qa.jpg

You look GREAT well done! May I ask how you managed to "break up" with bad habits? TIA!
  • Barbara2099
    Barbara2099 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really see your weight loss in your abs and face. KEEP IT UP
  • ErnestIan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    shoofly435 wrote: »

You look GREAT well done! May I ask how you managed to "break up" with bad habits? TIA!

Determine the triggers of the 'addiction' or 'bad habits' ... avoid them like the plague. That way, you got away from the temptation before it even started to do its thing.

• ErnestIan
    Options
    I really see your weight loss in your abs and face. KEEP IT UP

Thanks! The look is just a plus... the most important thing is I can FEEL the weight Loss!
  • ErnestIan
    Options
    naomillion wrote: »
    That is great! I am sure your family appreciates the effort of you regaining your health and fitness! Keep it up!

They do. And I am inspiring them too. My wife is now running with me at least once a week.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!