Running/jogging friends

Options
Hi all,
I find that having friends with similar goals and outlooks can be really helpful.

I'm doing okay but now that I've signed up for a 10K in June I'm a little worried. I've never been in a race before!! I can just about do 5k, it's a big jump up to 10K

Anyone in a similar position, likes running, is a runner and can help me stay motivated, encouraged? Thanks!

Replies

• jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    First of all, june is still months away, you have plenty of time to get there. We don't have a lot of races where i live, but there's one in March that i'm thinking on signing up for. I could sign up for the 10k, as i have reached the distance, but i'm not particularly fast at it, so i'll probably do the 5k. It will be my first as well, so i'm interested to see how it goes.You can add me if you like.
  • jon2412
    jon2412 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have to keep reminding myself it's some time away yet, I just about do the 5k and once I've done 6 but that felt like so much more of a challenge, so I do think I might not make it but there is plenty time to improve!

I'm looking forward to my local parkrun starting soon, that'll give me a regular 5k run each weekend and I'll just keep adding a little extra every-so-often :-)

It's great that you've reached 10km - well done :-) it is exciting entering a race!