My first 4 weeks on MFP - some thoughts...

Options
1) I'm feeling great - eating really well and feeling satisfied by my meals. I've started out with maintenance in mind. Whatever I do to lose the weight, I need to be able to sustain forever. As a result, I'm not depriving myself of anything. I've eaten chocolate, fast food and chips/crisps every week - but all logged and within my calorie allowance.

2) I love the MFP community - and find it helpful to read some threads every day. Even the snarky ones. And those photo-only success threads? Love them. I'm in awe of the transformations.

3) I've lost 15.5lbs in four weeks. Another 50-60 to go, but I'm in no rush. Clothes are fitting me better, and my face has visibly shrunk. B)

4) WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO DO THIS?

Thank you to everyone who has (knowingly or unknowingly) given me inspiration and support in my first month. Onwards and downwards! :p

Replies

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well done! So many people want to lose weight quickly and, when you tell them that you've been at it for a long time, they can't be bothered. I've been using MFP for over 2 years and have managed to lose 32 lbs. I would like to lose a bit more but I am maintaining at the moment. It's become second nature now to log all my food and drink, even on bad days when I go way over. Keep on keeping on, you'll get there. Good luck and, well done again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!