For us over 55 YOA

Wonderful to see so many young people concerned about their health and weight. I'm looking for support from those over 55 YOA who face the challenges of the ups and downs of weight and exercise.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    55 yo here, nonstop strains and sprains. I have to approach increasing exercise slowly and methodically (which isn't my nature). Ditto for weight loss. I've lost at .5lb/week for the whole 30lbs. I'd like to lose at least five more but it's recomposition that I'm most focussed on.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    59 here. My biggest hurdle is that I am working full time and taking care of the house and yard by myself and I just don't have the energy left to exercise
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    69 it's not a barrier it may take
    Longer but stick with it you
    Will achieve your goals. Good luck
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    58 and I am fortunate to work from home..so I converted my drive time to exercise time..I get at least an hour a day in..but the diet is the most important aspect to weight loss..the exercise will help you stay healthier..

• violetta5345
    violetta5345 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm 58 and I have no issues with losing weight with MPF. I've been active most of my life, and I have some pain in my knees, so I do exercise that accommodates it. OP, there is no difference losing weight at any age. Use MPF and track your calories. Buy a food scale and weigh all of your foods. You can do it!
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    54 here. Striving to be the best I can be. Our metabolisms may be a bit against us, but our life experience can provide us with the determination and drive we need that we might not have had decades ago. At least, I like to think that.