Sick days :/

Options
I have a virus and I can't eat much . Is this going to mess my progress up ? Will my body go into starvation mode ? I usually eat 1200 cal. or more . But yesterday I only ate 400. Still taking my multivatimin

Replies

• Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth and it won't mess your progress up. Try to eat as much as you can but don't force yourself if you can't. The most important thing when you're ill is to drink plenty of fluids. Don't worry about it so much when you're ill! Just rest and I hope you feel better soon! :smile:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    That and take it easy when you do feel better. Don't hit the gym hard right away to make up for lost time, but give your body some time to recoup.

Sucks being sick
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I been drinking Gatorade for nausea .. I just hope when I get better I won't over eat !!
  • goalsforever03
    goalsforever03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Gym won't be the problem ;) I don't really work out
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon, and take in as much liquid as you can to keep from getting dehydrated. Broth or bouillon is good if the sweetness of the Gatorade gets to you. I just got over some stomach nastiness myself.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    My whole family's been sick the past few days so I commiserate with you! Don't worry about what you're eating/not eating right now-definitely don't force yourself to eat if you're not feeling like it because that can trigger more nausea/throwing up. Focus on liquids and rest -hugs-