Please Help

Options
Today I went and weighed myself and the scale said another pound gained so I went from 260 to 261. I need some help I am starting to feel worthless. Like I am doing all this for nothing. I work out everyday and watch the calories I eat. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight?

Do you weigh everything on scales?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Don't tie your sense of worth to a number on the scale that is going to fluctuate daily.

Review the chart above.

If you aren't already, weigh yourself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom undressed or in the same pj's.

Food/water/waste in your body will make your weight go up and down. Look at the over all trend not the daily.

IF you are logging correctly and in a deficit your weight will go down just not in a straight line and not as fast as you want it to:(

Most importantly don't let a number on the scale upset you. Stay on track and keep plugging away. Take this time to learn good eating behaviors that will set you up nicely for maintenance.

Best!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Weight can fluctuate...Even throughout the day. If you're logging correctly and eating the suggested calories, I'd suggest weighing regularly under the same circumstances (time of day, bladder condition, clothing) and observe the overall pattern.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Teresa it's hard to say without knowing your stats and calorie intake and output each day. Have you put your data in MFP? What did it say?.! Do you log your food everyday? Are you below your allocated calories each day. We need more to be able to support you but I'm sure you can do this, you do need to be patient and take one day at a time. Good luck
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't focus on the number on the scale, especially not in the beginning of your diet. It can be quite discouraging. Taking progress pictures and measurements is a much better way to track progress, just make sure you're taking them at the same time. I take mine in the morning about 20 minutes after getting up, before I eat. Your weight fluctuates as a result of many different factors. Some are in your control and some aren't.
  • Lxftcoastenvy
    Lxftcoastenvy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1 pound could mean you have to go to the bathroom. My advice is worry less about that and more about increased energy, fat to muscle or how your clothes fit. I dropped a pant size and maintained the same weight because my body changed. Also are you strictly watching calories or are you paying attention to your macros? Dont get discouraged. You want to get healthy not "skinny".