Psyllium husk capsules

Options
I've bloating and like to lose some weight and have been constipated for few days thinking of taking psyllium, and advices welcome good or bad ta

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The husks will do the trick on the constipation front. Alternatively, water and fibre. Lots and lots of water and fibre. Good luck.

The weight loss bit is simple. Just eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend uses them daily and says they work.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'd just go with bulk ground psyllium husk honestly. I get the feeling that you're gonna be paying a stupid amount for it to be in capsule form.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Pysillium husk powder yes it works
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I tried them ONCE years ago and it was an awful experience. Basically I'd taken half of the recommended (however many pills it was), and was going far more than I should have.
    Although I've never tried the powder stuff, the chew pills (fiber choice I think?) worked well.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    The husks will do the trick on the constipation front. Alternatively, water and fibre. Lots and lots of water and fibre. Good luck.

The weight loss bit is simple. Just eat at a calorie deficit.

A word of caution on this: To much fiber can make constipation and bloating worse. Find the intake level that works for you and try not to go too far over or under.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I tried these and they actually made my constipation worse.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Psyllium has the opposite affect on me. I like big raisins as we call them, or prunes. I eat two and the next day everything works itself out. And the prunes should be much cheaper.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    psyllium husk fiber capsules work very well for me IF i drink a TON of water - i mean - close to a gallon, along with about 6 capsules per day (2 a.m. - 2 noon - 2 p.m.)
    do that for a week and see how you feel.
  • kaykaur6703
    kaykaur6703 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank u for replying, I start today taken 2 and will take 2 later, do u have to take 1 HR before eating or take with food? It says take 2 capsules HR before but I want to see how it works for you? Thank u
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake with something natural and good for you like Ground Golden Flax.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use them...they help, but you have to drink enough water with them, or else it makes things worse.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    _Bro wrote: »
    Increase your fiber intake with something natural and good for you like Ground Golden Flax.

TIL ground psyllium husk is totally unnatural.
  • kaykaur6703
    Options
    I use them...they help, but you have to drink enough water with them, or else it makes things worse.
    What do u mean make bloating if I don't drink water or will feel constipated?so I need to drink lots of water
  • kaykaur6703
    Options
    I'd just go with bulk ground psyllium husk honestly. I get the feeling that you're gonna be paying a stupid amount for it to be in capsule form.

H&B half price right now capsules but where do you get powder husk does it go into body faster then capsules?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is more cost effective to buy the bulk powder. I would also recommend buying the organic husks, considering where it's going. Additionally, I would caution that you should drink copious amounts of water with it. Good luck.
  • kaykaur6703
    Options
    I agree that it is more cost effective to buy the bulk powder. I would also recommend buying the organic husks, considering where it's going. Additionally, I would caution that you should drink copious amounts of water with it. Good luck.

Hi where can I buy powder stuff supermarket? I will drink more water
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water with it. LOTS of water. It worked pretty well for me.
  • kaykaur6703
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water with it. LOTS of water. It worked pretty well for me.

2 litres ok is tea coffee ok
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Hi where can I buy powder stuff supermarket? I will drink more water

Any health food or vitamin store, or Whole Foods. Better prices online. Just google it.