May not be a big deal but....

Options
to me this is huge.....

Even though the scales keep telling me that I've not lost any weight, in fact gained 1/2 pound (188# @ 5' 7.5") my measurements tell me I've made progress. On Tuesday 7/9, my measurements were: Hips - 43.5; Waist 43; Neck - 15.... today my measurements are: Hips - 43; Waist 42.5; Neck 14.5 ... I've been on this road since the first of June... so it's good to see some kind of results that can be seen...!

Replies

• CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Sometimes it's the things like this that help motivate you to keep going! Congrats!
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would honestly rather have measurement change over scale change anytime. We can all see measurement changes, in the way our clothes fit, in how our jewelry fits, etc. and it seems easier for others to see how we've changed also (even if they don't know what the changes are). Your weight will catch up so congrats on the inches!!
  • vikidenn
    vikidenn Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. While I do not share your pattern, I was feeling discouraged because my measurements have not changed but I have lost 9 pounds in three weeks. Where do you think the weight might be coming from? I would say water, but I am drinking half my weight in water everyday. It must be coming from something I am not measuring! I will keep up the eating every 3 hours and hope it eventually shows up somewhere that counts!
  • brnigrl01
    brnigrl01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo for you....I rather inches than weight....the scale is evil lol
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would honestly rather have measurement change over scale change anytime. We can all see measurement changes, in the way our clothes fit, in how our jewelry fits, etc. and it seems easier for others to see how we've changed also (even if they don't know what the changes are). Your weight will catch up so congrats on the inches!!

^ This. (my feelings exactly) :flowerforyou:
    Congrats!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That's a huge deal! Congrats!
  • javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. While I do not share your pattern, I was feeling discouraged because my measurements have not changed but I have lost 9 pounds in three weeks. Where do you think the weight might be coming from? I would say water, but I am drinking half my weight in water everyday. It must be coming from something I am not measuring! I will keep up the eating every 3 hours and hope it eventually shows up somewhere that counts!

Here is something that the trainer at a gym I was a member of, told me about five years ago. It was very counterintuitive when I heard it first. But after much thought and actually accepting the recommendation, I give it much regard. Mike, the trainer/owner of our local gym, said, "Are you drinking enough water? Because if you are not, your body will retain water from the food you eat, to distribute it to the various processes the body needs it for, during the day. If you don't drink water regularly and sufficiently, your body will make its own mini-water tank." That, for me, was a huge learning moment. And, later, I have seen body builders in our gym, including women, who were constantly drinking water. I asked why. The common answer was . . . Muscles need water. All of this had taught me to ensure that I don't stay under hydrated. That does not come easily to me. Drinking water takes effort on my part. But, I have now devised techniques for dealing with that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!