Health Question

Options
I know you guys aren't doctors, but for the past week, I've had hives all over my body accompanied by a slight fever. This morning, I woke up with no fever, but the hives are still there and my face is very swollen. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't wanna sound like a d1ck or nothin', but it says on your chart that you're fu¢ked up. Ah, you talk like a *ag, and your shi+'s all retarded What I'd do, is just like... ha ha... like... aha... you know, like, you know what I mean, like... haha...

I like money.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Don't wanna sound like a d1ck or nothin', but it says on your chart that you're fu¢ked up. Ah, you talk like a *ag, and your shi+'s all retarded What I'd do, is just like... ha ha... like... aha... you know, like, you know what I mean, like... haha...

I like money.

Are you okay?
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options
    I could really go for some Starbucks.
  • cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    Sounds like some type of viral infection to me. I'd go see a doctor since its been a week.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Go to the doctor.
    Options

I like money.
    da *kitten*. You may need more than starbucks.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Sounds like some type of viral infection to me. I'd go see a doctor since its been a week.

I saw the doctor last Monday, and he prescribed Claritin, but it hasn't been doing much. I'll be going again on Monday.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

I like money.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options

Welcome to Costco. I love you. ^_^
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options

I like money.

Sounds like you need to be utilised.
    Options

Nailed it. That is exactly what I need.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I've got hives from hayfever before..claratin never worked for me, not even neo-claratin..I was proscribed telfast for it last summer and it worked a treat. Go back to your doctor :)
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options

Nailed it. That is exactly what I need.

I haven't nailed it yet, but I will if you want me to. ;-)
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    sounds like an allergic reaction to me, def go back and see doctor. Telfast is great for flare ups but be careful as it is a much higher dosage (in the uk anyway) than over the counter 10mg loratadine and cetirizine, and can cause severe reactions themselves.

I was pretty unlucky and had ALL the side-effects in one go when i was taking it, so severe it didn't cross anyones mind that it was the telfast causing it, i took it everyday for 8 months before we realised what was poisoning me, i still have problems 6 years on!.

If you do have any weird symptoms stop taking it (or take half the dose, or take it only when you NEED to) and go back to the doc! This goes for any drug, even 10mg of over the counter stuff can cause this reaction, i was quite unlucky and most people have no problems, but just be aware of the dangers, as you would with any chemical.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    sounds like an allergic reaction to me, def go back and see doctor. Telfast is great for flare ups but be careful as it is a much higher dosage (in the uk anyway) than over the counter 10mg loratadine and cetirizine, and can cause severe reactions themselves.

I was pretty unlucky and had ALL the side-effects in one go when i was taking it, so severe it didn't cross anyones mind that it was the telfast causing it, i took it everyday for 8 months before we realised what was poisoning me, i still have problems 6 years on!.

If you do have any weird symptoms stop taking it (or take half the dose, or take it only when you NEED to) and go back to the doc! This goes for any drug, even 10mg of over the counter stuff can cause this reaction, i was quite unlucky and most people have no problems, but just be aware of the dangers, as you would with any chemical.

Thanks for the info. :heart: