Is 1700 too many calories?

2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Thanks everyone! I lost the 20 pounds by running cross country 5 days a week (4-6 miles) and eating around 1300 calories. I know that sounds low, but my basic resting metabolic rate is 1330 calories and I had been trying for so long to loose that I finally put me mind to it and dropped 2 pounds a week! it'd be nice to loose another 5 pounds but the cold weather is in motivating

That's actually not a healthy approach at all, to try to lose weight as fast as possible and to eat below the amount of calories that are needed just to sustain your bodily functions...
  • mariesofi4108
    mariesofi4108 Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2017
    It was the only way I was able to loose weight plus I had so much to loose they it came right off
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    It was the only way I was able to loose weight plus I had so much to loose they it came right off

20 lbs is not "so much to lose" and if they came right off then you didn't need to be eating that low and aiming for that aggressive of a timeframe.

You are young, potentially still growing, certainly your body is still changing. Some of the comments you are making about being afraid to eat too much are concerning.

Set up a MFP profile to "maintain my weight". How many calories does it recommend? Eat at least that many, and when you exercise, eat some of those as well. My guess is that your TDEE is 2300 or higher.