No appetite

Options
aliciamariej1
aliciamariej1 Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I started a new medication about three weeks ago that makes me have no appetite. I usually end the day anywhere from 850 - 1000 calories. I know that's not good. I consider myself a foodie and I love to eat. Before the meds (and mfp) I would probably eat anywhere from 2000 - 2500 calories a day. I feel hunger pangs in my stomach but often just don't feel like eating. I worry my body will go into starvation mode and I will not be able to lose this weight. Any advice?

Replies

• omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Eat some pecan nuts high in Calories so you don't even have to eat that much, also packed with good fats.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    What do you generally eat? Calorie dense or higher fat meals will provide more calories with less volume.
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started a new medication about three weeks ago that makes me have no appetite. I usually end the day anywhere from 850 - 1000 calories. I know that's not good. I consider myself a foodie and I love to eat. Before the meds (and mfp) I would probably eat anywhere from 2000 - 2500 calories a day. I feel hunger pangs in my stomach but often just don't feel like eating. I worry my body will go into starvation mode and I will not be able to lose this weight. Any advice?

What medication would this be?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Just add a Snickers and you'll hit 1200.