WANTED: Vegetarian/Vegan or Pescetarian friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian with an open diary. Add me if you like!
  • RasTodd
    RasTodd Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bless up everyone. Ive been vegan for 15 years, veg for 5 years before that. The majority of my life. Feel free to ask any questions or whatever. I tend to eat a high raw vegan diet. Anywhere from 50/60% to 85% raw in the summer. I'm eating crazy high protein right now. Lifting hard, building more muscle before farming season. Then in another few months I wont have time to train, and Ill be back to eating less protein and more fresh veg/fruit. I'm happy to help others in their veg journey anyway I can. Ps. to explain my food diary. I eat a little different then most people. I do physical work for a living year round, and I don't like to eat a big meal while I'm working, so I make 4 big green smoothies, and then sip them all day while I'm working. Then I make a big meal at night. Lately Ive been hooked on making these chickpea flour flat bread type things and then sandwiches with lots of fresh veg with them. So good and high protein.
  • leangreenjen
    leangreenjen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Responding to OP.... I eat like you too! Have been a semi vegetarian for twenty years. Semi because 2-4 times a week, I do eat fish. And don't freak out by very occasionally I have a piece of bacon because I a week. But most meals are ovo lacto. I have to confess that for several years because of stress, anxiety, and just being busy, I've been more of a junk food atarian, so I'm trying to clean up my habits now. I'm also trying to limit soy right now because of some undiagnosed hormone issues. I'd be happy to friend anyone else with diets like ours who isn't judgmental!
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been vegan for around 18 month. I would love some more vegan friends on MFP. Feel free to add me :)
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    maragagnon wrote: »
    Hi! I eat vegan most days, give or take some fish when I am at work events and the options are limited o:)

theres no such thing as eating vegan most days.. ur a meat eater.. vegan is an ethical movement thats anti animal cruelty and slaughter... good luck on ur journey hopefully one day u give up the meat and actually become completely plant based
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new (done it before years ago but gave up), I get married in 9 months and need to lose weight. I'm setting my goal small to begin with so I don't give up again. Don't think I've ever lost weight before and kept it off.

I eat a mainly vegetarian diet but also eat fish occasionally. I love cooking plant based recipes too when I have time (big Deliciously Ella fan- but she doesn't count calories).

Are there any members out there who eat like me?

:)

Actual Vegan here!!! with a newfound vegan gluten free cupcake addiction.. lol
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    maragagnon wrote: »
    Hi! I eat vegan most days, give or take some fish when I am at work events and the options are limited o:)

theres no such thing as eating vegan most days.. ur a meat eater.. vegan is an ethical movement thats anti animal cruelty and slaughter... good luck on ur journey hopefully one day u give up the meat and actually become completely plant based
    Good grief.

How unsupportive is your post?!

Course there is such a thing as "eating vegan most days". It means, on most days, her meals would be ethically acceptable to vegans. Perfectly physically possible, and a perfectly acceptable description of her eating habits. It's not like meat-eaters are automatically allergic to vegan meals and can't eat them until the day they decide to give up animal-derived foods entirely.

What you mean is 'there is no such thing as being a vegan most days, as veganism is an ethical movement that's anti-cruelty and slaughter', which would have been fair comment, if she had not already carefully qualified her post by using "eat vegan".

Also, I wouldn't call her a meat-eater. That's very misleading to anyone wanting to cater for her, who would imagine she was willing to eat standard fare, including meat and fowl. Pescetarian is much closer.

• Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've got a group going called Twitter Gets Fitter with gamers, streamers, you tubers, etc joining for a 30 Day Challenge of getting healthy. Haven't started yet still looking for members

I'm a vegetarian and have been for over 8 years. I'll be eating to lose weight for the challenge <3
  • MithrillMermaid
    MithrillMermaid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 10 years with open diary. Trying to get away from soy. Lost 90 pounds on MFP in 2015, maintained a year, then gained some back since summer. Getting ahold of myself again feels good! Add me if you'd like! I'm extremely dedicated to finishing this and keeping it off, especially having seen how easily it comes back!
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add. I'm veggie and love to lift. Cycling is a necessity. Being healthy is a must.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Vegan of 10 years here. I am a wise old vegan sage... I have a rhubarb stalk equipped as a staff, my robes are made entirely of lettuce, and I have a vial of mashed potato around my neck hanging from a necklace made of spiralised squash. *low chanting about broccoli*

Mostly kidding. The 10 year thing is true though. I log daily and friends can view my diary so feel free to add me if you're looking for vegan food ideas.

Also practice IF of 23:1 so prepare to be terrified by one human eating 1kg potatoes in a single sitting.
  • MaggieS712
    MaggieS712 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 2 years now but with me being a competitive dancer with a busy rehearsal schedule I resort to a lot of Morning Star foods but my diary is open to friends if you wanna add me!
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with meat lovers?
    Sometimes it s good to be friend with people different than us, it cultivates open mindness
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    CarShelley wrote: »
    What is wrong with meat lovers?
    Sometimes it s good to be friend with people different than us, it cultivates open mindness
    It's not a slur on you as a person, it's simply that the diary of someone who eats grilled chicken and salad isn't so helpful, if you're a vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian who is looking through your mfp friends' diaries for new inspiration on how to reach your day's macro goals on 1500 cals.

Another issue is that some people making such a significant change to their accustomed diet may find it is easier to make the change if they avoid mealtimes with people who eat meat for a short-term period. I imagine this phenomenon might be echoed online

And seriously, vegetarians, etc are a minority in Western countries. Eating meat is the default diet- you don't need to worry that we aren't friends with people with different beliefs.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Erotyka wrote: »
    Vegan of 10 years here. I am a wise old vegan sage... I have a rhubarb stalk equipped as a staff, my robes are made entirely of lettuce, and I have a vial of mashed potato around my neck hanging from a necklace made of spiralised squash. *low chanting about broccoli*

Sounds like you're a level 10 vegan with an Enchanted Vegetable Charm of Protection and a +5 save with the Staff of Divine Produce. I bow before thee

• Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan open diary feel free to add me