I want Ice Cream

Options
If eating a pint of ice cream (technically frozen yogurt) fits into my daily calories, leaving lots left over to properly fill my macros and everything, is there any reason I shouldn't?

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If it fits and you're in the mood, go for it.

I personally wouldn't, even if it fits, as it would probably be a bit too hard on my stomach to have that much dairy/fat all at once.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No reason at all hit the ice cream:laugh:
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have no problems with dairy, eat greek yogurt on a pretty regular basis, and I've been trying to tell myself it fills the void, but one of my ultimate guilty pleasures has always been a super long, hot bath with a new book and ice cream. I've found a frozen yogurt I LOVE more than some of my favorite ice creams, but I've been too scared to eat it, thinking it could ruin everything. But I also fell into slightly disordered thinking, and I think being able to give myself a treat while still keeping my calories in the acceptable range can help with that.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream, burgers, fries, drink wine, beer, mixed drinks, cookies, cake, pizza - it fits in my day, I enjoy it, I eat it. This is my lifestyle, not a restrictive, temporary diet. I'm not quitting any of these foods for the rest of my life. I'm not eating them every single day, either, but I enjoy them often, and am losing the fat and weight. :drinker:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    A pint might be a bit much due to sugar and fat content, but I eat ice cream regularly, exercise, eat lots of veggies and lean proteins etc. As long as I am within my goal and most of my foods are healthy, I allow myself the treats I like and enjoy them!

Nothing wrong with that IMO.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    from my point of view i think its a bad idea. Your better off getting your macros from good calories rather than simple sugars and other nastys.

Im sure that there will be some recipes for a 'clean' ice-cream on the net.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    go for it! nothing worse than denying yourself!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is this serious?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I have no problems with dairy, eat greek yogurt on a pretty regular basis, and I've been trying to tell myself it fills the void, but one of my ultimate guilty pleasures has always been a super long, hot bath with a new book and ice cream. I've found a frozen yogurt I LOVE more than some of my favorite ice creams, but I've been too scared to eat it, thinking it could ruin everything. But I also fell into slightly disordered thinking, and I think being able to give myself a treat while still keeping my calories in the acceptable range can help with that.

Eat ice cream regularly. Eating some right now. See ticker.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream nearly every day. If it fits your calories and macros, and you enjoy eating it, there's no good reason not to have some.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If it fits go for it! I'm having pepperoni pizza and a Magnum Infinity for dinner. I had my normal breakfast, a lightish lunch, did a 5K ParkRun and will be 6 calories over.
    Talk about guilt free eating :-D
  • meperalta
    meperalta Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a trick for ice cream. Take frozen bananas and blend them to ice cream consistency with a food processor or hand blender. It's yummy, the texture is just like ice cream. You can add flavor such as strawberries or blueberries. Natural sugar, good fiber and vitamins and it kills your ice cream craving. Try it!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If eating a pint of ice cream (technically frozen yogurt) fits into my daily calories, leaving lots left over to properly fill my macros and everything, is there any reason I shouldn't?

Eat it.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream and after reading that so many people on here eat it, I bought some 2 datys ago but so far haven't touched it. I'm one of those people who is comforted by the fact that it is there when/If I want it. When I do I will eat it as Long as it fits into my calorie goal. I love this guilt free eating though it takes a little getting used to.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have a trick for ice cream. Take frozen bananas and blend them to ice cream consistency with a food processor or hand blender. It's yummy, the texture is just like ice cream. You can add flavor such as strawberries or blueberries. Natural sugar, good fiber and vitamins and it kills your ice cream craving. Try it!

Or. You could eat the ice cream. You'll probably enjoy the ice cream more.
  • whatsxoccuringx
    whatsxoccuringx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was thinking same thing, wanting ice cream lol me and son looking on sites where and whats good to eat, hope you enjoy it
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Skinny Cow Ice Cream bars and sandwiches are awesome. The sandwiches are 150 calories and the bars are 100 calories and taste pretty darn good. Don't hurt the calorie count either. I just wish they butch up the names a little bit. Not too manly to walk up to the cashier with "Skinny Cow Pink Truffle Bars" in hand, but, damn it, they taste really good!
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    try

www.wheyhey.co.uk

::P

PROTEIN ICE CREAM! low fat, low sugar and brilliant taste!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    It is possible, if you were to allocate yourself three pots of low fat yoghurt a day the calcium in it could help reduce your body fat percentage adding to your weight loss by a little. There could also be a similar benefit from any other low fat or free dairy produce.

I watched a BBC program the other evening about supermarket staples and their health benefits. There is a part 2 this week.

I have been thinking of mixing some yoghurt with say melon or mango and freezing that.

all the best
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I want to try Heston Blumenthal's bacon and egg ice cream...