Can Someone help me make a meal/diet and high intensity exercise plan?

Options
I need help with this i wanna get in shape but i've never been to a gym alone and i had a personal trainer but he wasn't helpful at all...now im putting it upon myself but i have no idea where to start. im 6ft tall currently 205lbs. I run around 4-5 miles a day...

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    If you've never exercised before, then jumping straight to high intensity is a way to make sure you hate it and quit. Find something you enjoy, do it at moderate intensity, and have fun with it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Only a RD should provide a meal/diet plan. Why not take the previous advice from the other posts?
  • zman10512
    zman10512 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i apologize i am fairly new to forums. I didn't realize there was a my discussions tab so i thought my post was deleted. drawing in what people said from my last post tho it is my eating habits causing my problems. even tho i am already dieting what can i change?
  • perfectjewel
    perfectjewel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen your other posts. Some say weight loss first, then strength training. Up to you, but since you already run, I would add strength training 3x week if you want more exercise. You will gain some weight as you gain muscle - 5-15 pounds. Plenty of help on the internet to create a routine. As for food: clean eating it where it's at. Whole foods plant based. Period. Nix the processed foods (sugar, white flour, additives, etc.) as much as possible and you're good to go! That includes protein bars and protein powder!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Just eat whatever makes you satisfied within your calorie limit.

You don't need to follow anyone's diet. You just need to eat less calories than you burn.

You run every day! That's awesome!

We have Monthly Running Challenge threads which are lots of fun, and very friendly and educational. February's thread is here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10510164/february-2017-running-challenge