Miracle Noodles

Options
Anyone tried this product? "Miracle Noodles" are supposed to be zero carb, zero calorie. Any feedback on this??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Zero flavor. I tried them once - threw the 2nd package I bought away. Some people love them though - I guess it is just personal preference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    They're shirataki noodles...good for Asian dishes but not much else.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    They're called shirataki noodles and there are several posts about them. Here are a couple to start you off. To find more, you can use the search function at the top of this page.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10472747/miracle-noodles-shirataki-noodles
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10508880/shirataki-noodle-ideas
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10333192/shirataki
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,950 Member
    Options
    A bit fishy smelling. Pair really well with fish or shellfish sauces. I found them quite ok, especially the noodle format when used for Asian dishes.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    They're good with spicy peanut sauce.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you are interested, buy only one to start & see how you like them. I wasted a lot of money on a "package deal" that ended up in my trash. The texture & flavor do not appeal to me, nothing like noodles or rice at all.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I found this past weekend at Walmart in the produce section by the bag salad mixes Sweet Potato Noodles they are made my green giant I plan on trying them when I do my big grocery shopping here in the next couple weeks
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Options
    Huh. Interesting. They're made from a type of yam and consist largely of fibre and water. Wikipedia calls them "gelatinous", which doesn't sound all that appealing, if I'm honest. But I'll try anything once.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get past the "rubber band" like texture but there are tons of people who truly like them.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not like the texture, taste, or smell. But a lot of people do enjoy them. Some say that they taste/smell better if you rinse them well first.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Drain in colander, boil two minutes, drain again, and put in dry skillet on medium. That takes care of the smell. I used them to sub for Asian noodles and they came out great, but I don't think they'd work as well standing in for Italian pasta. I just... don't see them working with tomato sauce and/or cheese. Now, as I mentioned above, with peanut sauce? Or one of the other Asian stirfry standbys like Teriyaki or something soy sauce-based? Yes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I find they're OK if you rinse them really well and use a heavily flavoured sauce. They're no good with a light sauce, or in rice paper rolls though (in my opinion).
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    As others have said, they're a good filler in Asian dishes. They are a noodle, not pasta and are no good for Italian pasta type dishes. Put them in a colander and rinse them for a couple of minutes under hot water, drain and then stir fry them with green veg, meat of your choice and a strong Asian sauce. I tend to use a spicy sauce. They don't really taste like anything, but they bulk up your meal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, they're definitely no good for Italian style dishes. The texture is all wrong and they don't hold the sauce
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I use the noodles for spaghetti all the time. They wouldn't work for something like lasagne. You have to rinse them really really well before heating them or they taste bitter. I use the shirataki "rice" too. I don't make much of anything with a strong flavor but I don't have any issue getting them to take on the flavor of whatever they're being cooked with. They are very filling and were a game changer for me at dinner time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I use the noodles for spaghetti all the time. They wouldn't work for something like lasagne. You have to rinse them really really well before heating them or they taste bitter. I use the shirataki "rice" too. I don't make much of anything with a strong flavor but I don't have any issue getting them to take on the flavor of whatever they're being cooked with. They are very filling and were a game changer for me at dinner time.

I think the texture is weird and totally off as it's a noodle and not a pasta.
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The texture is awful. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money. If you want pasta like food, try "zoodles." It's spiraled zucchini and tastes pretty great.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you try them cook them properly or you will think you're eating rubber. I've had them in dishes that they were great in and I've had some awful ones lol
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I think the texture is weird and totally off as it's a noodle and not a pasta.

It did take me a bit to get use to the texture. I'm generally really picky about textures but it didn't take me long to get use to these.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Options
    They're good. You have to dry fry them though. The package says only to rinse them but moisture is not their friend. Honestly, do not eat until you have dry fried them in a pan for 5 min or so.